Easy Lasagna Recipe
This Easy Lasagna recipe is the perfect comfort food with a delicious ground beef tomato sauce, cheesy white sauce, tender noodles, and lots of mozzarella cheese.
Do you see all that cheese spilling over the edge of this baked lasagna and getting all deliciously crispy? I think I got a little carried away 🙂
I do that sometimes, get carried away. Remember when I put bacon, caramelized onions AND cheddar cheese in some devilled eggs? Ya, they were delicious too, just like this easy lasagna recipe.
Easy Lasagna Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 12 dried lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups ricotta cheese, can be light
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil then cook the lasagna noodles for 1 minute less than the package directions. Drain and then rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.12 dried lasagna noodles
- While the noodles cook, add the ground beef to a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Cook, breaking it up with a spoon as cooks, until it is mostly brown. Add the onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes, until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is translucent. If there is a lot of fat in the pan, drain it off.1 lb extra lean ground beef, 1 medium onion, 3 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Add the crushed tomatoes and tomato paste and bring the pot to a simmer. Lower the heat and continue to simmer while you prep the white sauce. Stir in the parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper before using.1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes, ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, Salt and pepper, ¼ cup tomato paste
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper, and egg.2 cups ricotta cheese, 2 cup shredded mozzarella, ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, ¼ cup minced parsley, ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper, 1 large egg
- To assemble the lasagna. Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch casserole dish. Add 3 lasagna noodles, ¼ of the tomato sauce, and ¼ of the white sauce. Continue layering the noodles, tomato sauce, and white three more times.
- Cover the casserole dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes, until the lasagna is hot and bubbling.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top. Return the lasagna to the oven for 10 minutes, until the mozzarella is melted. For extra color, broil the lasagna for a few minutes. IMPORTANT: Let the lasagna rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting into it.2 cups shredded mozzarella
Thought I’d try your recipe cause it said easy and I’m glad I did. It was easy. And also tasty.
Lasagna is one of my favourite comfort food. I love how cheesy and delicious this one looks!
It’s one of my favourites too!
Look at all that cheese! Love it 🙂
Hi, do you mean Asian fish sauce?
That’s right, Asian fish sauce. I know it sounds strange but it will add a lot of depth to the flavour. Don’t worry, it won’t taste fishy at all.
Wow this blog impressed me from the get go, I can’t even decide whats my favourite recipe they are all so good, especially the honey garlic chicken and toasted coconut ice cream-if you publish a book I will definitely buy!!
Can I make the meat filling a day ahead??
Absolutely you can!
Thanks. Looking forward to eating this with my friends
Thank you so much, Maggie! That really means a lot to me to hear that. Made my day ?