This Roasted Corn and Avocado Salad is not only easy to make, it's super delicious. There's sweet corn, creamy avocado, crunchy peppers and a delicious chipotle mint dressing. You will LOVE it!
Friends! Welcome to the 9th edition of Throw Back Thursdays! These #tbt posts are some of my all-time favorites. If this is your first time here, these are recipes that I shared years ago that I remake, rephotograph and reshare.
There are so many great recipes here on TEM, but some of them are hidden way back in the archives and have terrible photos attached to them. And hey, we eat with our eyes first, right? It'd be pretty hard to convince you that a recipe is awesome when the pics of it look not so awesome.
So today, just in time for Cinco de Mayo, I (re) present you with this deelish roasted corn and avocado salad. Hooray!
I was actually a little hesitant about sharing this one with you. It was given to me by someone who turned out to be a total creep. Seriously, so creepy.
This dude started by emailing me a few recipes, which I thought was super sweet. Then he sent me pics of his young son, and I thought that was kind of cute, too. Then (oh man, this is where it gets weird) he emailed me to tell me he was going to leave his wife (wtf!) so we could be together (double wtf!) This was someone I had never even met before! Like, who does that? Creepy stalker dude, that's who. Shiver.
After telling him to never contact me again, and removing the thank you (enter the name of the creepy stalker guy) from this post, I kinda forgot all about this salad.
The thing is, it's really really good. There's sweet corn and creamy avocado and crunchy peppers and celery all wrapped up in a lemony chipotle dressing and dotted with fresh mint. It's seriously da bomb.
Can you promise me you'll make this roasted corn and avocado salad? You'll be so happy you did!
Ps. make sure you scroll to the bottom of this post to have a chuckle at the lopsided pictures I first took. 🙂
Original post date: April 27th, 2012
Roasted corn? With avocado? And chipotle? Yes, yes, yes! Can you tell I'm a little excited about this salad?
I have a confession to make: I ate a lot of this salad. I mean A LOT. Actually, I mean all of it. In one sitting.
It was that good.
This roasted corn and avocado salad is full of flavours and textures. Super sweet roasted corn, crunchy red pepper and onion and creamy avocado with little bits of mint and chipotle in the background. Mint? Yep, you read that right. And it was delicious, like a little surprise hiding in the background. If you're not fussy about mint, I think cilantro would be an awesome substitute.
I had no intention of eating all of it; I only wanted a bowl. Once that was done, I ate the other bowl you see in the picture, then the other one. Don't judge, it's not like I was doing that with bowls of ice cream.
If you make this Roasted Corn and Avocado Salad make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you make!
- 3 cups frozen corn, or 3 large cobs of corn with the kernels cut off
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh mint, (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the corn kernels on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mint, oil, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper, and sugar. Add the celery, red pepper, and onion and toss to combine. Add the roasted corn and avocado and toss gently to combine.
The original photos of this Roasted Corn and Avocado Salad:
If you’re interested in learning a few tricks that I did to improve my food photography, check out the posts 10 Food Photography Tips for New Food Bloggers and The 10 Best Food Photography Props to Improve Your Food Photography.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Blog Income Report – February 2017 - March 23, 2017
- Creamy Roasted Carrot Soup with Crispy Chickpea Croutons - March 21, 2017
- Spring Veggie Enchiladas with Cilantro, Lime, Jalapeño Yogurt Sauce - March 19, 2017