This peach pie is like magic. Turn your back for a minute and it’ll disappear out of the pie pan faster than David Copperfield could pull a rabbit out of a hat. Seriously. The pie pan was half empty before the breakfast plates left the table. And yes, I ate this for breakfast.
It doesn’t exactly fit in with that whole diet thing I was telling you I was doing, but I don’t care. The peaches were perfectly ripe, locally grown, organic and all that other stuff that we all love. I told myself that because of the amazingness of the peaches that it was healthy. I mean, I basically ate four peaches for breakfast. (It’s scary how well I can lie to myself in the name of delicious homemade food.)
The truth is if you are going to treat yourself make sure it is something homemade and delicious, like this peach pie. You’ll be so happy you did.
If you make this Delicious Peach Pie make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 8 medium peaches, cut into 1-inch pieces (leave the skin on)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 store-bought pie crusts
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the peaches, sugar, vanilla and flour in a medium-sized bowl and stir to combine.
- Using a fork, poke several holes in the bottom of one pie crust and add the peaches.
- Top with the second pie crust, or cut strips and create a weave on top of the pie. You could also bake it with no crust on top for a slightly lighter version.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees then turn oven down to 375 degrees and continue baking the pie for another 30 minutes, or until the crust is nicely browned.
- Let pie cool for at least 45 minutes before cutting into it - this will be hard, I know, but the pie will be runny if you don't.
For more delicious treats, check out:
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Whipped Almond Butter Oatmeal with Caramelized Bananas - April 29, 2016
- Easy Vegetarian Skillet Lasagna with Kale Olive Pesto - April 26, 2016
- Healthy Tuna Casserole - April 19, 2016