This pie is like magic. Turn your back for a minute and it’ll disappear out of the pie pan faster than David Copperfield could pull a rabbit out of a hat. Seriously. The pie pan was half empty before the breakfast plates left the table. And yes, I ate this for breakfast.
It doesn’t exactly fit in with that whole diet thing I was telling you I was doing, but I don’t care. The peaches were perfectly ripe, locally grown, organic and all that other stuff that we all love. I told myself that because of the amazingness of the peaches that it was healthy. I mean, I basically ate 4 peaches for breakfast. (It’s scary how well I can lie to myself in the name of delicious homemade food)
The truth is if you are going to treat yourself make sure it is something homemade and delicious, like this. You’ll be so happy you did.
- 8 medium peaches, cut into 1 inch pieces (leave the skin on)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup flour
- Pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine peaches, sugar, vanilla and flour in a medium sized bowl and stir to combine.
- Using a fork, polk several holes in the bottom of the pie crust. Add peach mixture.
- Top with another pie crust or cut strips and create a weave on top of the pie. You could also bake it with no crust on top for a slightly lighter version.
- Bake for 15 at 425 then turn oven down to 375 and continue baking for another 30 minutes, or until pie crust is nicely browned.
- Let pie cool for at least 45 minutes (this will be hard, I know, but the pie will be runny if you don’t)
For more delicious treats, check out: