In 9 days and 6 hours, I will be buckled in and speeding down the tarmac. Destination: Cuba! Can you tell I’m excited? I’ll be meeting my mother, sister and nearly three-year-old nephew for the last week and a half of their month-long backpacking trip. I expect to find them bronzed and relaxed with a mojito in each hand.
Hopefully, they’ll have a mojito waiting for me by the time I get to the hostel. By the time you are reading this, I will be sitting on a beach or a rooftop terrace with a cold glass of minty mojito in hand.
I spent the afternoon snacking on these coconut raspberry mojito jello shooters. Is snacking the right verb to use when there’s alcohol involved?
The sweet and tart raspberry and the coconut rum make me feel like I’m already under a palm tree. The little mint leaf adds a touch of freshness, and the shredded coconut makes them feel like a snack. If jello shooters could be sophisticated, this is how they’d do it.
- ¾ cup Malibu or other coconut flavoured rum
- ¾ cup of fresh or frozen and thawed raspberries, pureed and strained through a fine sieve
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 envelopes Knox gelatin
- Mint leaves, shredded coconut and raspberries, to garnish
- Combine the rum with the raspberry puree. Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Over very low heat warm the water and add the gelatin. Stir until it completely dissolves, about 5 minutes
- Stir the gelatin into rum mixture. Pour the mixture into a loaf or pie pan. Allow it to set in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- Cut it into squares or circles using a cookie cutter and garnish with shredded coconut and either a mint leaf or half a raspberry
Feel like more yummy cocktails? Check out:
The idea was inspired by Jelly Shot Test Kitchen’s Cucumber Lime Margarita Shots
Latest posts by Kristen (see all)
- Hot Pink Chia Berry Smoothie - February 8, 2016
- January Food Blog Income Report - February 7, 2016
- Valentine’s Day Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate and Cinnamon Hearts - February 4, 2016