If you're looking for a Vegan Mushroom Gravy that is rich, creamy, and ultimately delicious, this is it. It is the perfect side to your Thanksgiving dinner or weekend roast. This gravy is so good that it will be loved by meat-eaters and veggies alike.
Today is an awesome day. A day filled with magic and wonder and power.
And the most awesome blender. Ever.
Today, we're giving away a Vitamix. For FREE.
This is the real deal. ♡
☝️ Did you see how creamy and luscious and totally delicious that Vegan Mushroom Gravy looks? That used to be a bunch of mushrooms and onions until the love of my kitchen life got a hold of it. Oh, the strong and powerful thing he is.
Yes, I'm personifying my Vitamix. Once you get yours, I know you'll understand. Then we can be “those people” together. Power in numbers, yo!
Speaking of things we can do together, let's celebrate Friendsgiving together. I'll roast the turkey … wait, this is a VEGAN mushroom gravy … I'll still roast the turkey, but I'll also make a nut loaf and serve this gravy smothered over the whole thing. Will you take care of dessert?
Awesome! I love planning dinner parties.
Have you been to a Friendsgiving dinner before? You know, like Thanksgiving but with friends instead (or as well as!) family. I've never been able to rein myself in when it comes to the guest list, so expect to see everyone here.
And you might have to eat on the bed. Wait, what? You'll just have to click the link and read the story to understand. AFTER you enter the giveaway, of course.
Here's what you need to know about this Vegan Mushroom Gravy
♡ I stole the recipe from a friend. Thank you, Gaile!
♡ This is the same gravy that gets smothered over fries and cheese curds at the end of every Sunday brunch. Don't tell me that your brunches don't span several meals and require extra food at the end?
♡ While this may be vegan, you definitely don't have to be vegan to love it. I think that meat-eaters are often the best judges when it comes to vegan food. Hear me out! If someone who is used to the richness and flavor bomb of a non-plant-based diet likes a vegan recipe, you know it's a winner. Makes sense, right?
♡ You don't have to wait for Friendsgiving/ Thanksgiving celebration to make this. It's a super easy recipe that you'll want to add to your everyday recipe list.
♡ To make this gravy super creamy, you really need a Vitamix. Don't have one? No problem! Scroll down and enter the giveaway, my friend.
I've teamed up with Vitamix, and six rockstar Canadian bloggers, to co-host this Friendsgiving Vitamix you-know-you-want-it giveaway. (Giveaway has ended) After you enter the giveaway, make sure to pop over and see what these talented ladies have created for you. There's lots of inspiration about how to put your new Vitamix to good use.
- The Messy Baker: No Churn Cranberry Ice Cream
- Food Nouveau: Pumpkin Madeleines with Spiced Maple Glaze
- Simply Fresh Dinners: Roasted Fennel Soup with Herbed Crostini
- Two Purple Figs: Roast Pumpkin and Mediterranean Salad
- Sweet and Savoury Pursuits: Butternut Squash and White Bean Dip
- The Girl on Bloor: Brown Butter Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Sage
If you make this Vegan Mushroom Gravy make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!Print
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cups chopped brown mushrooms, from 10 mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon each: fresh thyme leaves and rosemary
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until it is translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are brown, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and tomato paste and let the tomato paste caramelize for a minute, stirring constantly. Add all remaining ingredients and scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any stuck on bits.
- Carefully pour the gravy into your Vitamix blender and blend on high until smooth. Serve immediately. Leftover gravy can be stored up to 5 days and reheated in a pan on the stove.