Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Miso Tahini Butter
This recipe dresses up roasted sweet potatoes with an easy to make and insanely delicious miso tahini butter. Whether served as a side dish or as a main beside a big salad, this healthy recipe is always a hit.
You're looking at our favorite roasted sweet potatoes recipe. The miso tahini butter elevates this simple dish to something truly special.
Why we love this roasted sweet potatoes recipe
- 5 minutes of hands-on prep and you get to relax while they hang out in your oven and cook themselves.
- Miso tahini butter (just those three ingredients!) is so delicious that you'll be tempted to try a little spoonful before your sweet potatoes come out of the oven.
- That butter we swoon over adds the ideal savory element to balance the natural sweetness of the potatoes.
- It's a versatile recipe. Turn these into a vegetarian lunch or light dinner with a green side salad. Or serve them beside a larger dinner. They also make a great side at your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners. (Although I would cut them in half for either of those as there's always SO MUCH food.)
- They reheat beautifully so they're great for meal prep.
- They are a healthy, sugar-free recipe that can easily be made vegan and gluten-free.
How to roast sweet potatoes
Oven roasted sweet potatoes are literally the easiest things in world to make.
- Rub a little oil on the whole sweet potatoes.
- Put them into a baking dish.
- Put them into your oven.
That's it! When you take them out of the oven, cut them open and put a spoonful of the miso butter on top. SO easy!
How long to bake sweet potatoes
Sweet potatoes vary widely in size, and therefore their cooking time varies, too. The sweet potatoes in this recipe are small (about 6-ounces) and take 35-40 minutes to bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Medium to large sweet potatoes can take anywhere from 45-60 minutes to roast.
To test if they're done, press the top with a spoon. If they feel soft, insert a knife into one of them. If it's soft throughout, it's ready!
What is tahini miso butter
That little bowl up there is brimming with a secret sauce that transforms nearly everything. Made of the three ingredients in the title, it couldn't be any easier to whip up. Stir them together and you've made a little potion that will give you a big bang for your cooking buck.
This recipe makes enough for the baked sweet potatoes. But you can easily make it in larger quantities and keep it in your fridge to spice up all your meals. Try it on:
- Sauteed spinach/kale/chard/collard greens
- Mashed potatoes
- Roasted vegetables
- Roasted radishes
- Sauteed mushrooms
What to serve with roasted sweet potatoes
If you're serving these as a vegetarian main course, the Roasted Beet and Kale Salad with Maple Candied Walnuts or the Roasted Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad are nice sides. Or make a simple green salad tossed in one of our favorite salad dressing recipes.
These mains go nicely with these roasted sweet potatoes:
- Juicy Baked Pork Chops
- Perfect Baked Chicken Breast
- Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Roasted Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Lemon Herb Butter Roast Chicken
- Orange Cranberry Roast Chicken with Rosemary Balsamic Butter
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Sweet Potato Recipes
- Herb and Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Walnuts and Pomegranate
- Autumn Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad
- Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
- Sweet Potato Hummus
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Miso Tahini Butter
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 6 small sweet potatoes, about 6-ounces each
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
Miso Tahini Butter
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, at room temperature (dairy-free, if needed)
- 1 ½ teaspoons white miso, gluten-free miso, if needed. see notes
- 1 ½ teaspoons tahini
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub the sweet potatoes with the avoacado oil and put them in a baking dish. Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until they are soft.6 small sweet potatoes, 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, mix the tahini miso butter ingredients together in a small bowl.1 tablespoon salted butter, 1 ½ teaspoons white miso, 1 ½ teaspoons tahini
- When the sweet potatoes are soft, remove them from the oven and carefully cut them open. Top with the miso butter and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Thanks, this butter is absolutely delicious!
This was SO delicious! I would’ve never thought to put tahini on sweet potatoes, but it was my favorite part! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!
That is so wonderful to hear, Sarah!
So easy and so delicious!!! I will be eating this dish all throughout the winter!
That makes me so happy to hear! Hooray!
Love this simple savory variation for sweet potatoes!
I’m so happy to hear that the recipe was a success!
OK well miso tahini butter?? Three things I love and you put them together?? And on a sweet potato?? Sounds so delicious, I have to try this tomorrow!!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Made this for the family and it was hit! We all loved it!
That’s so fantastic to hear! Thank you for popping back to let us know!
Oh my goodness, these are 3 of my favorite things all in one! Can’t wait to try this!!
I hope you love the recipe as much as we do!
What a delicious recipe! That miso tahini butter sounds delicious. Can’t wait to give it a go!
Thank you. 🙂
Do you think the miso tahini butter would be good on butternut acorn or other squash?
Oh yes I do! It’s delicious on many veggies. We’ve even cooked eggs in it and it’s delicious that way, too. 🙂