Garlic Butter Baked Shrimp (Party Shrimp!)
Garlic Butter Baked Shrimp are the best easy shrimp appetizer for a party! They are easy to prep ahead of time and cook in only 5 minutes. Serve them with a simple garlic lemon mayo. They're delicious!
Are you planning a party soon? We have a recipe you are going to LOVE!
Why we love baked shrimp for a party
- Super tender shrimp. You won't find any rubbery shrimp here!
- Crazy fast to cook. Five minutes in a hot oven is all these guys need. Does cooking even count if it only takes 5 minutes?
- Lemon garlic butter. ← The stuff dreams are made of.
- You can 100% prep this baked shrimp recipe ahead of time. Give it up for no last-minute hassle appetizers!
- Served with an easy to make lemon garlic mayo. Dipping is fun.
- Did I mention that they are DELICIOUS?
How to bake shrimp
- You'll start by mixing the shrimp with some oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Now place them on a baking sheet with some lemon slices then put them into your oven under the broiler.
- Exactly 5 minutes later (set a timer!), take them out.
- Now add some butter to the tray and let it melt. Squeeze the sliced lemons, sprinkle the parsley, and grind some pepper over top. Toss to mix everything up then eat!
This is as close to a hands-off hot appetizer as you'll get!
How to serve garlic butter baked shrimp
We like to keep things casual and serve them on a large plate with the dip on the side. The prawn tails make natural handles so this recipe is ideal for finger food style appys.
But if you want a prettier presentation, you could skewer them on toothpicks or little forks.
Or turn them into the main course by serving them over pasta tossed in all the delicious lemony garlic butter. ← You should definitely try this!
Love shrimp recipes?
So do we! These are some of our favorites:
- Spicy Cajun Shrimp Skillet with Green Peppers
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Chili Lime Shrimp
- Cajun Shrimp Boil Skewers
- Thai Coconut Shrimp Eggs Benedict
- Roasted Red Pepper Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Sticky Sesame Honey Shrimp with Ginger Broccoli
Subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL’S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Easy Party Appetizers
- Easy Chicken Bites
- Lazy Devilled Eggs
- Sesame Pineapple Sausage Bites
- Chorizo Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Best Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Garlic Butter Baked Shrimp (Party Shrimp)
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
Garlic Butter Baked Shrimp
- 2 lb tail-on shrimp
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into thick slices (zest the lemon first and reserve one slice for the mayo)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Minced parsley and extra pepper, to garnish
Garlic Lemon Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, use the one slice of lemon you set aside
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Dry the shrimp with some paper towel and place them in a medium-sized bowl. Add the oil, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate while you make the mayonnaise and heat your oven.2 lb tail-on shrimp, 2 tablespoons oil, 4 cloves garlic, ¼ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic lemon mayonnaise ingredients.¼ cup mayonnaise, Zest from 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon minced chives, 1 small garlic clove, 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat your oven to broil. Place a baking rack at the very top of your oven.
- Transfer the shrimp to a large baking sheet, spreading them out in a single layer. Add the lemon slices to the pan. Broil the shrimp for 5 minutes (no more!) then remove them from the oven and immediately add the butter to the tray. Let it melt then squeeze the warm lemon slices over top.2 tablespoons butter
- Sprinkle with some parsley and extra pepper and move them to a serving plate. Serve with the dipping sauce on the side.1 lemon