Buttermilk Panna Cotta
This is my go-to buttermilk panna cotta recipe. I love using this recipe as a base and experimenting with flavors by adding vanilla, orange blossom water or even a little liquor. You're going to love it!
I love easy make-ahead desserts. Put the desserts in cute little mason jars and I go a bit giddy. Just look how cute they are!
I'm a little new to this whole panna cotta thing. Seriously, I only tried it about a month ago for the first time. And after many frustrating hours spent trying to fix a batch from a recipe that did not work at all (grrr!), I swore I'd never make it again. But I'm a little stubborn sometimes.
I've made this recipe many times now and can guarantee you it works great and tastes delicious. It is soft and creamy and a tiny bit tangy from the buttermilk. It can be made up to three days in advance so it is the perfect make-ahead dessert for a dinner party. I always serve it in little 125ml mason jars rather than unfolding them. I just think they look better that way 🙂
If you make Buttermilk Panna Cotta Recipe make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.Print
I've perfected a Buttermilk Panna Cotta Recipe that you have to try. These desserts are so cute served in mason jars, too.
- 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream
- Pour the buttermilk into a small sauce pan and sprinkle the gelatine over top. Let sit for 2 minutes, or until the gelatine grains start to swell or “bloom.”
- Stir in the sugar and heat gently over low heat until the sugar and gelatine have completely dissolved. DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the sour cream and whipping cream. Place in fridge for 30 minutes, or until cool to the touch.
- Once cool, whisk the panna cotta once more and then pour into little mason jars, cups or whatever cute little jars you plan on serving it in.
- Cover and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
Total time does not include the 4 hours it takes to refrigerate the panna cotta after it is made.