Bacon, Bourbon and Peanut Butter Cookies
I really should not be left alone in my kitchen with a hangover. There's a half pound of bacon that has disappeared from my fridge, not a single Bacon, Caramelized Onion and Cheddar Cheese Deviled Egg in sight and a plateful of cookie crumbs sitting beside me. Before there were cookie crumbs, there was a plate full of Bacon, Bourbon and Peanut Butter Cookies. Ya, you heard me right. Bacon. Bourbon. Peanut butter. Cookies.
It's like the three best things ever mashed together and baked into a cookie, which means it's actually the four best things ever.
On another note, is it just my fuzzy head or did that cookie come out looking like an alien with a tear drop in his eye?
Ok, back to bacon. And bourbon. And peanut butter. And cookies. If you're thinking (like I thought) that bacon, bourbon and cookies obviously sound like a great combo, but peanut butter? Trust be, it works.
If you make these Bacon Bourbon Peanut Butter Cookies make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!Print
These bacon, bourbon and peanut butter cookies combine three of my favourite flavours into one delicious cookie. It doesn't get better than this!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 strips of bacon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (or 1 tablespoon vanilla)
- 1/3 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Mix with a fork.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the drippings and set aside to cool. Crumble the bacon, remove (eat) any chewy bits.
- Beat the butter and reserved bacon drippings in a large bowl with a mixer on until smooth, about 1 minute. Beat in the peanut butter until combined, about 1 minute. Beat in the granulated and light brown sugar until creamy, about 4 minutes, then add the egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy, about two more minutes.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 additions, scraping down the bowl as needed, until just combined.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon and chocolate chips
- Form the dough into 1″ balls and arrange 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes for chewy cookies, 10 for crispier cookies.
- Let the cookies cool 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
These cookies freeze well. Roll into balls and freeze on a tray in your freezer. Once the balls are frozen, you can put them together in a ziploc bag. Bake from frozen but leave in oven for about two extra minutes.