White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
White chocolate cranberry cookies are the ultimate Christmas treat. These slice and bake cookies are simple to make and buttery delicious.
White chocolate cranberry cookies
You're looking at cookies that are melt in your mouth buttery with sweet creamy white chocolate and tart chewy bits of cranberries.
They're a deliciously flaky cookie dream.
The red and white colors make them a beautiful addition to your holiday cookie tray. But the classic flavor combination means that they'll be welcome all year round.
How to make white chocolate cranberry cookies
These slice and bake cookies are incredibly simple to make. Here's the rundown:
- Mix together the butter, sugar, flour, vanilla, and salt. Now stir in the dried cranberries and white chocolate.
- Roll the cookie dough into two logs (see the picture above) and wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. If you have them, beeswax wraps work, too!
- Now put the rolled cookie dough into your fridge for an hour. This will firm the dough so you can easily slice it.
- All that you have to do now is slice the cookies and bake them. So easy!
Can slice and bake cookies be frozen?
Yes! These cookies can be frozen raw or cooked. If you don't want to make (cause then you have to eat) a whole batch of cookies, just put the uncooked cookie dough in the freezer and take it out to bake whenever you're ready.
To freeze them raw: simply put the wrapped cookie dough log into your freezer. When you want a cookie or two, simply slice off as many as you want then put the dough back into your freezer. Cook the cookies from frozen, adding a few minutes to the baking time.
To freeze them cooked: Once the cookies are baked, let them cool completely then freeze them in a freezer bag – we love these these large Stasher bags.
Popular Christmas cookie recipes
- Melt in Your Mouth Shortbread Cookies
- Holiday Spiced Almond Shortbread Cookies
- Snowball Keto Christmas Cookies
- Cranberry Coconut Macaroons
- Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
White chocolate cranberry cookies are the ultimate Christmas cookies. These slice and bake cookies are simple to make and buttery delicious.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Using electric beaters or a stand mixer, cream the butter and powdered sugar. Add the flour, vanilla, and salt and continue mixing until well combined. Stir in white chocolate and cranberries.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on your table. Place half of the cookie dough on top of the plastic wrap and form into a log about 8-inches long. Roll the wrap around the log then repeat with the remaining dough. Place the cookie dough into your fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the cookie dough into ½ inch circles and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are very lightly golden on the bottoms. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them rest for one minute before moving them to a cooling rack.
These cookies keep really well in the freezer for a least a month. Freeze the entire UNCOOKED log of cookie dough then slice off cookies as you want to bake them. Bake from frozen and add a minute or two to the cooking time.
These cookies may also be frozen after they are baked. Let them cook completely then store them in a freezer-friendly bag.