Creamy Avocado Soup
Avocado soup is a delicious no-cook soup recipe that takes only minutes to make. Its fresh flavor and creamy texture make it both summery and cozy. Serve it chilled, straight from the blender, or warm it gently on a cool day.
A side of no yeast bread with herbs and cheese is delicious to dunk into this soup!
Why avocado soup is our favorite
- Armed with little more than ripe avocados and stock, this soup can be yours in only 10 minutes.
- Creamy avocados need very little to turn them into a flavorful soup. A little cilantro, lime juice, green onions, and garlic add just the right amount of flavor. And a pinch of cumin takes it over the top.
- On a hot summer's day, avocado gazpacho is just the thing to cool you down.
- And on a chilly fall day, warming this creamy soup will bring big-time cozy vibes to your table.
- It keeps well for several days in your fridge so you can have an even more relaxed lunch tomorrow!
How to make this avocado soup recipe
This recipe couldn't be any easier to make. Here's what you're going to do:
- Put the ingredients into your blender and turn it on.
That's it! If you'd like a warm avocado soup, you can heat it gently on the stovetop. But otherwise, pour the soup from your blender into bowls and dig in!
Warm or cold avocado soup?
This soup is great served both ways. It's wonderfully refreshing served cold as an avocado gazpacho.
But it's also nice heated gently. Make sure not to bring it to a boil or the color will darken and it won't look as pretty. Just heat it until it's warm.
How long does avocado soup last in the fridge
This soup will keep well for 3-4 days in your fridge.
Favorite gazpacho recipes
Popular avocado recipes
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Creamy Avocado Sauce
- Avocado Cucumber Salad
- Easy Guacamole Recipe
- Avocado Pesto Salad Dressing
Creamy Avocado Soup
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 4 cups stock, see notes
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 ripe avocados, skin and sead removed
- 2 green onions, green part only
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Optional toppings: diced avocado, toasted pepitas, hot sauce or chili oil, croutons, crispy bacon, cilantro
- Place the ingredients into your blender and blend on medium-high speed until smooth. Taste and add more salt, if wanted. If you'd like warm soup, pour it into a pot and heat it gently on medium heat. Do not let it boil.4 cups stock, ¼ cup fresh lime juice, ¼ cup cilantro, 2 ripe avocados, 2 green onions, 1 clove garlic, 1 teaspoon sea salt, ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Serve on its own or with any of the optional toppings.Optional toppings: diced avocado, toasted pepitas, hot sauce or chili oil, croutons, crispy bacon, cilantro