Sweet corn gazpacho, or any gazpacho for that matter, may just be the single best summer food ever created. It's been my obsession this summer, and I wanted to share that obsession with you. Again. I know that just a few weeks ago I shared with you a recipe for Ugly Tomato Green Gazpacho, and now here I am again with more gazpacho. Sweet corn gazpacho this time, so you know, totally different.
The truth is that my fridge has had some variation of gazpacho in it each and every day since June. No lie. I just can't get enough!
Here's why you want to make sweet corn gazpacho:
- It's cold, which is a very good thing on a hot summer day.
- You don't have to cook it, also very good on a hot summer day.
- It gives you a great excuse to use some of summer's incredible veggies.
- It's refreshing and just hits the spot.
- It's a super healthy bowl full of veggies that tastes amazing.
- It's crazy easy to make.
- It's creamy yet 100% dairy-free.
- You can make a big batch and eat it for days. Yum!
- It's just freaking delicious.
- It's corn. Any who doesn't love corn. ?
I have to tell you guys, I'm feeling a bit funny writing this post. I typically write a post and share it with you all on the same day. Sure, I usually develop the recipes and take the pictures in advance, but never the writing. For some reason, it feels too disconnected to write something and then let it sit for a while. I mean, what if I tell you a story about something that happened to me today, but then I don't share it with you for weeks? That would be weird.
Anyway, here I am talking to you about this sweet corn gazpacho but, by the time you read this, I'm going to be sitting on a beach totally disconnected from everything and everyone except my handsome man, his family and my very favourite nephew in the whole world. (He's also my only nephew, but that doesn't make him any less my favourite.)
I want to tell you how excited I am to go on holiday. Like, a real holiday. A 100% gadget-free holiday. The last time we were at the cabin I had no cell or internet service. Even if I want to, I won't be able to obsessively check my Instagram feed. Like, at all. I'm kind of nervous that I'm going to go through withdrawals, but excited too.
See … this is getting weird. I'm telling you how excited I'll but when you read this I won't be excited cause I'll already be here. I hope you guys can forgive this lapse of rational communication.
Until I return … Happy sweet corn gazpacho eating! ?
If you make this Sweet Corn Gazpacho, make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram. I love seeing the recipes you make from The Endless Meal!
- 2 lb. yellow tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 ears of corn, removed from cob (save a few kernels for garnish)
- ¼ cup white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- Optional: ¼ jalapeño pepper, (seeded, for texture, not spiciness)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (use good-quality salt here - no boxed salt!)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice - from about 1 lime
- Sea salt, to taste (I like 1½ extra teaspoons, but taste and add to your liking)
- Olive oil, cilantro, corn and fresh cracked pepper, to garnish
- Combine the yellow tomatoes, bell peppers, corn, onion, garlic and jalapeño pepper in a large bowl. Sprinkle the sea salt over the top and mix well using your hands. Set the bowl aside on your counter for half an hour. (Can be left for up to 4 hours, if needed.)
- Working in batches blend the soup along with the olive oil. I like this soup quite creamy, but if you think you might like it a little chunky blend the soup just a little, taste, and then continue to blend it until it's perfect for you.
- Stir through the sherry vinegar and lime juice then season to taste with sea salt. This soup can be made up to 3 days in advance. Keep it covered in your fridge until you are ready to serve it.