Whole roasted cauliflower not only looks gorgeous, it tastes amazing too. This one is covered in Asian flavours and roasted until it is very dark and tasty.
Do you think it's possible to overdose on cauliflower? Seriously, how much is too much?
I think that for most normal people a big head of whole roasted cauliflower would serve at least 4, so I've said that's how many this recipe serves. But, if you're anything like me and my handsome man and LOVE roasted cauliflower then this might only serve two. Just sayin'.
The whole cauliflower is massaged with a mix of miso paste, sesame oil, ginger, chili garlic sauce and a few other tasty Asian flavours. It's then roasted in the oven till it's dark brown, nutty tasting and unbelievably delicious.
This whole roasted cauliflower is one of those wicked awesome recipes that is tasty and pretty enough to serve at a dinner party yet quick and easy enough to make when you get home from work during the week. Try it out this week before impressing your friends with it on the weekend.
When I make this whole roasted cauliflower I like roast it on a baking sheet then transfer it to a small cast iron skillet when I serve it. You could, of course, just bake it in the skillet and serve it straight from there, just warn peeps not to touch the stupidly smokin' hot skillet.
Tips for making whole roasted cauliflower
- Make sure the whole head of cauliflower is coated liberally in oil. The oil will help the cauliflower to brown and become extra delicious.
- Don't take the cauliflower out of the oven until it is dark brown and charred in spots. The dark spots are where all the flavour is.
- Make sure to season well with sea salt. There's tons of flavour here, and the salt helps coax it out.
- This cauliflower has just a little touch of heat. Feel free to add some chilies or extra Chinese garlic chili sauce if you'd like more of a bite.
If you make this Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Sesame and Ginger make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon brown miso paste (see note)
- 1 tablespoon Chinese chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- For garnish: sliced green onions, toasted white and black sesame seeds, sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the leaves and stem off the cauliflower so that it sits flat.
- In a small bowl mix the sesame and grape seed oils, the miso paste, Chinese chili garlic sauce and the ginger. Using your hands rub the mix over the cauliflower, making sure you get it everywhere, even the bottom.
- Roast the cauliflower in the oven for 44-50 minutes, or until it is soft and brown. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and season with sea salt and sprinkle the green onions and toasted sesame seeds over before serving.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Coconut Black Lentil Curry (vegan dal makhani) - February 24, 2017
- Coconut Lemon Energy Balls - February 21, 2017
- Sweet Potato Noodle Stir Fry with Thai Peanut Lime Sauce - February 17, 2017