Tropical Summer Coconut Oatmeal is a quick, healthy, and delicious vegan + gluten free breakfast. It's made with coconut milk and topped with tropical fruit. You will LOVE how light and summery this porridge is!
I know the idea of a summertime oatmeal probably sounds a little odd. I mean, normally I think of oatmeal as a warm start to a wintery day. This coconut oatmeal, with all the tropical flavors, is 100% summer approved.
It's like a piña colada, in coconut oatmeal form. That might sound strange but believe me when I say, “THIS is the oatmeal you want to eat this summer.”
The oats are slowly simmered in coconut milk and water until they are super rich, creamy, and totally delicious. They're topped with a trio of tropical fruit and sprinkled with a malty little coconut sugar. Big time yum.
Healthy bonus … this coconut oatmeal is totally vegan and totally awesome. 🙂
Reasons to get your coconut oatmeal on:
♡ You like summer, and this tastes like summer in a bowl.
♡ You like oatmeal, and this oatmeal is kick ass delicious.
♡ You want to head to the beach, but you're too stinkin' hungry.
♡ It's 100% plant-based goodness.
♡ It's a gluten-free breakfast like no other.
♡ You're a coconut feen, like me!
If you make this Tropical Summer Coconut Oatmeal make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 1 cup oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 orange
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 banana, sliced
- Optional toppings: shredded coconut, extra coconut milk, coconut or brown sugar
- Add the oats, coconut milk and 2-3 cups of water to a small pot over high heat. (See notes about water.) Bring the pot to a boil, stir, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the oats are soft.
- While the coconut oatmeal is cooking, slice the top and the bottom off the orange. Place the orange on your cutting board and cut off the rind then slice it into circles.
- Top the coconut oatmeal with the orange slices, mango, banana and any or all of the optional toppings.
- Happy breakfast!
Want some more delicious oatmeal recipes? Try these!
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Curried Vegan Shepherd's Pie with Coconut Sweet Potato Topping - March 28, 2017
- The 15 Best Whole30 Easter Recipes - March 26, 2017
- Three Easy Party Dips – 5 simple ingredients - March 24, 2017