I'm a huge fan of anything with chocolate and peanut butter. Seriously, it's like the best combination in the world.
These chocolate peanut butter brownies are ridiculously delicious. The brownies are perfect on their own. They're soft and chewy and full of crunchy peanut bits. But then they're topped with creamy peanut buttery frosting AND drizzled in chocolate ganache AND sprinkled with a tiny bit of Maldon sea salt. OMG.
If you make these Peanut Butter Brownies make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- ¾ cup butter
- 10 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces of good quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325°F. Grease 2 mini cupcake tins and dust lightly with flour.
- Place ¾ cup butter in heavy large saucepan. Add chocolates an stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar, vanilla, and salt, then eggs, 1 at a time. Fold in flour, then nuts. Fill each mini cupcake mold until nearly full. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 12-15 minutes. Place pan on rack; cool.
- Using electric mixer, beat peanut butter and ¼ cup butter in medium bowl to blend. Beat in powdered sugar, salt, and nutmeg, then milk and vanilla.
- Heat cream in a small sauce pan until boiling. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Whisk till chocolate is fully melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- To assemble:
- Remove each mini brownie from the pan. Cut the top off of each and set aside. Place brownies back into cupcake pan. Smooth peanut frosting over each brownie. Replace brownie tops, cut side up, if desired. Place in fridge till frosting is set, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and, using a thin knife or offset spatula, remove brownies from the pan. Drizzle with a tablespoon of chocolate ganache. Set aside (or in the fridge) till ganache has hardened.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with a tiny bit of Maldon sea salt.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Curried Vegan Shepherd's Pie with Coconut Sweet Potato Topping - March 28, 2017
- The 15 Best Whole30 Easter Recipes - March 26, 2017
- Three Easy Party Dips – 5 simple ingredients - March 24, 2017