Want a recipe for the most kick ass, best ever, insanely delicious guacamole? I had a feeling you did 🙂
I found this recipe a few years ago when a taco recipe by Edible Canada called for aji guacamole, and I scrunched up my face and went, “what the ___ is aji guacamole?” Turns out it is the best guacamole EVER!
This guacamole recipe is less of a dip for your chips and more of a slather on your tacos kind of guacamole. It is a sauce you'll want to put on everything. I've put it on tacos, burritos, fajitas and chimichangas. I've spread it on sandwiches paninis and wraps. I've added it to pasta and ate it by the spoonful straight from the jar.
It is heavy on cilantro with a slight tang of citrus and garlic and lots of smooth, creamy avocado. While I make mine about as hot as the inside of a BBQ grilling steaks, you can add as little or as many jalapeños as you'd like.
You can make this in either a food processor or a blender. The guacamole in the pictures here was made in a food processor. I prefer mine made in a blender, it's a little saucier.
- 1 large bunch of cilantro, bottom ends twisted off
- 2 avocados
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic, chopped
- Juice of two limes
- 1-4 whole jalapeños
- Sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and process till smooth.
- Add water as needed if it is too thick.
- Eat on just about everything
*This recipe is one I found on the internet years ago, but I have not been able to find the site since. If you know the original source, please let me know. I'd like to give credit where credit is deserved!
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Coconut Black Lentil Curry (vegan dal makhani) - February 24, 2017
- Coconut Lemon Energy Balls - February 21, 2017
- Sweet Potato Noodle Stir Fry with Thai Peanut Lime Sauce - February 17, 2017