Baked Cranberry Vegan French Toast with Cranberry Syrup
This delicious custardy Baked Vegan French Toast is dotted with cranberries and drizzled with cranberry maple syrup. It's an easy to make breakfast recipe that can be assembled a day in advance and popped in the oven before you're ready to eat. It's perfect for Christmas morning!
Are you guys as excited about Christmas morning as I am? It's my absolute favorite day of the year, and I swear it's not only because of our boozy morning coffee tradition. Fireball + Bailey's + coffee ← yes, that's a real thing when you're hanging out with my family on Christmas morning. We're all class!
Every Christmas morning, we gather around the tree, weird but delicious coffee in hand, and sit in a circle on the floor with our overflowing stockings in front of us. We take turns opening one present at a time. We ooh and aww and pass the present around before moving on to the next person. There are 7 of us (8 this year with our new little girl!) who cozy up on my sister's living room floor, in our pj's with hair unbrushed and laugh and talk for hours. It's a process.
By the time we get through our stockings, we're on our second or third boozy coffee and ready to move onto mimosas and brunch. Yes, mimosas. It's Christmas morning and it must be celebrated!
This year we're celebrating with mimosas and my new favorite French toast recipe that just happens to be vegan and it's totally awesome.
What I love about this vegan french toast:
♡ Underneath that top layer of deliciously crispy edges, it's all ooey, gooey and custardy.
♡ It has this slightly egg-y taste from a little nutritional yeast. It's the one thing that is super hard to replicate, but this totally has it. I learned the trick from Love and Lemons when I've made their Vegan French Toast and now it's a staple in any egg-free French toast recipe I make.
♡ See those pretty little cranberries dotted amongst the bread? They add the perfect tartness to offset the sweet syrup you know you're going to pour all over this.
♡ This breakfast beauty can be made the day before. Assemble it, cover it, and forget it until morning. There are few things better than realizing that all you have to do to make breakfast is turn on the oven. Win!
If you make this Baked Vegan French Toast with Cranberry Syrup make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
Christmas Morning Vegan French Toast with Cranberry Syrup
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into large cubes
- 2 ½ cups milk of choice, almond milk works great!
- 3 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen cranberries
Cranberry Maple Syrup
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Grease a casserole dish with a little coconut oil. Place the bread cubes in a large bowl.1 loaf French bread
- Whisk the milk, ground flax, nutritional yeast, cinnamon, and a pinch of sea salt in a medium-sized bowl. Pour over the bread cubes and toss gently to coat. Transfer the bread cubes to the casserole dish. Scatter the cranberries over top and press the bread down gently. You can either bake the French toast right away or cover it and leave it in your fridge overnight.2 ½ cups milk of choice, 3 tablespoons ground flax, 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350. Bake the French toast, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Let it stand for 5 minutes before you cut into it.
- While the French toast is baking, make the cranberry syrup. Bring the syrup and cranberries to a boil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Let it continue to boil until the cranberries start to pop, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Note: if you do not have a high-powered blender, strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any solid pieces.½ cup maple syrup, ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Serve the French toast with the cranberry syrup on the side for everyone to pour themselves.