This Christmas mimosa is a festive twist on a traditional mimosa. It's tart yet sweet and served in a sugar-rimmed champagne flute with a rosemary sprig. It's easy to make, and it's ready in just 5 minutes!
For more festive Christmas drinks, also try our Christmas cranberry margarita, or our brandy mulled wine.
Start your celebrations early with a Christmas mimosa! This ruby-hued holiday drink is as beautiful as it is tasty. And adds an elegant festive touch to an already special day.
Much like a traditional mimosa, it has a fruity base with lots of bubbles from sparkling wine. It's an easy drink to make with no shaking or stirring required.
We start by giving the champagne flutes a sugar rim for a little festive sparkle. Then pour in the orange juice and cranberry juice, fill the glass the rest of the way with sparkling wine, and garnish with whole cranberries and a fresh sprig of rosemary.
Whether you're spending Christmas curled up on the couch or hosting family and friends at brunches or holiday parties throughout the season, there's no wrong way to enjoy this refreshing cranberry mimosa.
Christmas mimosa ingredients
You only need a handful of simple ingredients to make this Christmas mimosa recipe. Here's everything you'll need:
- Granulated sugar – to give the glass a sweet sugar rim.
- Orange juice – we like the taste of fresh squeezed orange juice the best. But to keep things simple, we often use pulp-free store-bought orange juice.
- Cranberry juice – we prefer to use 100% cranberry juice instead of the more common cranberry cocktail. It has more cranberry flavor and the tartness balances the sweetness of the sparkling wine.
- Sparkling wine – cava or prosecco both work great in this recipe.
- Cranberries and a sprig of fresh rosemary – while the rosemary is a garnish, it also makes the drink smell like Christmas with each sip!
How to make a Christmas morning mimosa
This twist on a traditional mimosa is the perfect festive cocktail to get you in the holiday spirit. Here's how to make it:
- Start by giving your glass a sweet sugar rim. Dip the rim of the glasses into water, then into a small, shallow bowl filled with sugar.
- Pour the orange and cranberry juice into the rimmed glass.
- Make it bubbly by topping it with sparkling wine, then garnish it with a rosemary sprig and a few fresh cranberries. Cheers!
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
How to make a pitcher of Christmas mimosa
It's easy to scale up this holiday mimosa recipe for a crowd. Start by dipping a few champagne flutes in sugar to give them a sugar rim. To scale up the quantities, use cups instead of ounces (1 cup of orange juice, one cup cranberry juice, three cups 1 bottle of sparkling wine). Pour it all into a large pitcher or punch bowl and serve it immediately with cranberries and rosemary sprigs for garnish.
Cava and prosecco are dry sparkling wines, and both work great in this recipe.
It's easy to turn this Christmas mimosa into a Christmas mocktail with no alcohol. Simply swap the sparkling wine for an equal amount of soda water.
What to serve with a Christmas mimosa
Whether you're opening gifts by the fire or hosting a family brunch, a festive mimosa is just the thing to bring a little more sparkle to Christmas morning.
Festive brunch foods that pair well with a Christmas mimosa
- Baked Cranberry French Toast with Cranberry Syrup
- Make Ahead Loaded Veggie & Chorizo Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake
Favorite mimosa recipes
Christmas Morning Mimosa
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- Granulated sugar, to rim the glass
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 ounce cranberry juice, see notes
- 3 ounces sparkling wine
- Cranberries and fresh rosemary, to garnish
- Pour some sugar into a small, shallow bowl. Dip the rim of a champagne flute into water then dip it into the sugar.Granulated sugar
- Pour the orange juice and cranberry juice into the flute.1 ounce orange juice, 1 ounce cranberry juice
- Top with sparkling wine and then garnish with a stick of rosemary and a few fresh cranberries.3 ounces sparkling wine