Coconut Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup
Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup is crazy flavorful and loaded with good for you ingredients like coconut milk, chicken, and lots of zucchini. This simple recipe can be whipped up in 20 minutes for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup
Calling all soup lovers! We have a summer soup recipe that you are going to love love love.
Chicken breasts are simmered in a super flavorful creamy coconut and Thai red curry soup broth until they're tender and juicy. Just before you serve the soup, pop in some zucchini noodles and let them cook until they're fork twirl-able.
This crazy DELICIOUS Thai chicken zoodle soup tastes light, fresh, and perfect for summer.
How to make Thai chicken zoodle soup
With a few ingredients that you prob have on hand and 20 minutes of your time, you can dig into this pot of Thai chicken zoodle soup. That's right, my friends, you can be eating this in less time than it takes to figure out what the heck you're going to order for your local Thai delivery joint.
1. Cook the curry paste and spices in some coconut oil. Easy!
2. Add (almost) all of the remaining ingredients to the pot and simmer for 15 mins. Super easy!
3. While your soup is simmering, spiralize or cut your zucchini then add it and some coconut milk to the pot 2 minutes before you're ready to eat.
4. Eat your heart out!
What are your thoughts on zoodles? Or do you call them zucchini noodles? We swap back and forth but opt for the noodle version a little more often.
We're also big-time fans of zoodles.
Case in point:
- Creamy Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Burst Tomatoes
- 15 Minute Zucchini Spaghetti
- Zucchini Pasta with Kale Pesto, Pistachios, and Pomegranate
- The Creamiest Dairy-Free Tomato Cream Sauce on Zucchini Noodles
We love the way they twirl around our forks and make us feel like we're eating noodles. And also that we feel great after eating them. There's no heavy, over-full, food coma thing going on after a bowl of zoodles.
They're what make this Thai chicken soup feel so summery. Regular noodles feel pretty heavy. Zoodles keep this soup light and fresh.
HEALTHY ZOODLES RECIPES:
- 20 Minute Cashew Chicken Zoodles
- Coconut Curry No Cook Veggie Noodles
- Spicy Sesame Chicken Zoodles
- Garlic Sausage with Peppers and Zoodles
Coconut Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup is crazy flavorful and loaded with good for you ingredients like coconut milk, chicken, and lots of zucchini. This simple recipe can be whipped up in 20 minutes for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2–3 tablespoons red curry paste (depending on how hot you like it)
- 1 teaspoon each: ground coriander and ground turmeric
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (Whole30 compliant, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon honey (omit for Whole30)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 – 15-ounce can of coconut milk
- 3 large zucchinis, spiralized or cut into zoodles
- Optional toppings: bean sprouts, cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice
- Add the coconut oil and red Thai curry paste to a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Let the curry paste cook for 2 minutes then add the coriander and turmeric and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the chicken, chicken stock, fish sauce, honey, and red onion and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the coconut milk and heat through.
- Add the zucchini to the pot and let it cook for 2 minutes, or until it is soft enough to twirl around a fork.
- Serve immediately and (if using) top with the optional toppings.