Grimm’s Fine Garlic Sausage and Peppers with Zoodles
This crazy delicious Fine Garlic Sausage and Peppers recipe is an updated and healthy version of an easy to make family favorite. Grimm's Fine Garlic Sausage is pan-fried with lots of peppers, onions, and tomatoes then served with zoodles. You could easily serve the sauce over spaghetti, rice, or cauliflower rice to switch things up.
Sausage and peppers! Sausage and peppers! This is a recipe that is absolutely screaming easy to make comfort food.
It seems like these last couple of summery weeks flew by and now we've landed in back to school September and everything has changed. The pace of life has picked up and there's a little (welcomed!) chill in the air that has me craving heartier meals like sausage and pasta recipes.
Only by pasta I mean zucchini noodles because zoodles are awesome.
Why you need to make this sausage and peppers recipe:
- Grimm's makes my favorite fine garlic sausage. It adds so much flavor to this veggie-loaded recipe.
- This recipe is all meat + vegetables. In other words, it's the best kind of recipe ever.
- This zoodles recipe got a thumbs up from my handsome man, which is a HUGE deal. He's never before gone back for a second helping of any zoodles recipe. #win
- It also got a thumbs up from my little girl, which is less impressive since she's not a picky eater. She was stoked that she got to eat sausage & peppers, her two favorite things, for dinner.
- It's a healthy, gluten-free dinner recipe that you can whip up in no time. Read: perfect for back to school!
- While I love it with zoodles, you could easily serve this with pasta or rice to switch things up or to keep everyone at the table happy.
Watch the Grimm's Fine Garlic Sausage and Peppers Video:
See that Grimm's Fine Garlic Sausage up there? That's the best stuff ever. Grimm's Fine Foods sent me some to make this recipe, but it's not the first time I've tried it. We buy it regularly because it is just. so. good.
When my handsome man saw that there were three packages in our fridge I had to wrestle them out of his hands so they wouldn't get eaten before I had a chance to cook with them. He loves it as much as I do.
I highly recommend picking up a few packages. Make this recipe with one, then make these sesame pineapple sausage bites with the other. It's another favorite garlic sausage recipe of mine.
Grimm's Fine Foods makes delicious, high-quality meat products, cheeses, and snacks. I often pack some Grimm's Honey Garlic Mini Peps in Ava's snack box on the days she's in daycare. When I'm shopping, I reach for their logo all the time because everything of theirs that I've tried has been great. And I've tried a lot!
Here are a few other Grimm's sausage recipes that I love:
- Egg and Sausage Stuffed Peppers
- Grilled Corn with BBQ Farmers' Sausage
- Bavarian Smokie Cassoulet
- Sizzlin' Jalapeño & Mozzarella Kebabs with Chipotle Aioli
Grimm's Fine Garlic Sausage and Peppers Step 1:
Sprinkle some salt over the zucchini noodles. This helps to soften them and remove some of the liquid.
Then take Grimm's Fine Garlic Sausage (naturally smoked) and chop it into thick slices and brown them in a pan. Toss all the veggies and spices into the pan and you're nearly done making your sausage and peppers!
Sausage and Peppers Step 2:
Now all you have to do is rinse the salt off of the zucchini noodles, wring them out, and add them to the pan.
Toss, toss, toss and eat!
This garlic sausage and peppers recipe is seriously the easiest ever.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
HEALTHY ZOODLES Recipes:
- 20 Minute Cashew Chicken Zoodles
- Coconut Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup
- Coconut Curry No Cook Veggie Noodles
- 15 Minute Zucchini Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce
- Zucchini Pasta with Kale Pesto Pistachios and Pomegranate
- Creamy Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Burst Tomatoes
Sausage and Peppers with Zoodles Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 4 medium zucchinis, spiralized or cut with a julienne peeler
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces garlic sausage, sliced into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced thick
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- Sea salt, to taste
- Place the zoodles in a large bowl and sprinkle the sea salt over top. Mix them around a little then set them aside.4 medium zucchinis, 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic sausage and cook until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove the sausage from the pan and increase the heat to high.12 ounces garlic sausage
- Add the remaining teaspoon of oil, the onions, peppers, and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, paprika, oregano, and chili flakes to the pan and cook until the tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the sausage back into the pan and season with salt, if needed.1 large onion, 3 bell peppers, 3 cloves garlic, 4 roma tomatoes, 1 ½ teaspoons paprika, 1 teaspoon oregano, ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- Rinse the zoodles well under warm tap water. You want to remove all the salt. Ring the zoodles dry with your hands then add them to the pan. Toss and heat through before serving.
Amazing recipe!! I used vegetarian Italian sausages instead of Grimm’s and they were fantastic. When we make it again, though, we are going to use three zucchinis instead of four as there was a lot of zucchini compared to everything else. Will definitely make again!!
We love Grimm:s sausage thanks for recipe,will make soon.
I’m so happy to hear you’re a Grimm’s fan, too!
Mmm, love all the options for this sausage! Sounds delicious!
It’s so good!!
All Missions complete. We Love the GRIMMS family of products because they taste incredible and are Gluten Free. The quality and taste is something we are proud to serve to family and Friends
I love that you’re a Grimm’s fan, too! Everything that I’ve tried of theirs is amazing. Such a great company!
This recipe is so good! I made it exactly as it – even the Grimms sausage. Will make it again.
I’m so happy you liked it! Grimm’s sausage really is so good!!
with zucchini in season a good chance to make zoodles & this dish
Yes! It’s perfect for that bumper crop of zucchini!
I made this last night and everyone loved it!
That’s so great to hear!
These recipes look yummy.
Thanks! It is really delicious!
We made this for dinner last night and it was incredible. Thank you for the great recipe!
I’m so happy you like the recipe!
thanks for sharing
You are so welcome!
You did not mention what type sausage it is, Pork, beef, chicken? Thanks.
Grimm’s Fine Foods Fine Garlic Sausage is made with beef and pork. 🙂
You don’t mention what kind of meat it is. Pork, beef, chicken, turkey? All of the above? Thanks!