Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Bacon, Walnuts and Apricots
Procrastination. Are you good at it? Or do you have amazing self control and never get caught up spending half a day searching through Pinterest and surfing Facebook?
If you fall into the second category please PLEASE share your secrets of staying on task with me. I've just spent the past 2 hours searching through dafont.com and trying out 671 different fonts for this pic. It's so ridiculously addicting. Kind of like this salad. *And on a totally different note: what's up with everyone leaving the ‘s' off of Brussels sprouts? I was momentarily tempted to join the crowd after a quick search told me that most people who search for Brussels sprouts actually search for brussel sprouts. Let's put the ‘s' back where it belongs, peeps. 🙂
Before you laugh at me for trying to tell you that Brussels sprouts are addicting, hear me out:
- Bacon. crispy, salty, smoky bacon.
- Apricots. sweet, chewy, perfect apricots.
- Walnuts. toasty, nutty, crunchy walnuts.
- Shaved Brussels sprouts. crispy, crunchy, fresh Brussels sprouts.
If you put all these things in a bowl together what you get is a little bit of love in every bite that looks something like this: Crispy, salty, smoky, sweet, chewy, perfect, toasty, nutty, crunchy, crispy and fresh. In every. single. bite.
Make a quick and easy dinner with this salad by serving it with some simple Pecan Crusted Salmon or Honey Garlic Chicken. If you want to make this salad ahead of time to take with you to a party or BBQ, simply mix all together the ingredients for the salad in a bowl and leave the dressing on the side until you are just about to serve it. Easy!
If you make Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Bacon and Apricots make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Bacon and Apricots
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 strips thick-cut bacon
- ½ cup walnuts
- 3 cups shredded brussels sprouts (see note)
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Lay the bacon on the parchment paper-lined baking tray. Bake the bacon for 13-15 minutes, or until it is quite crispy. Remove it from the oven and, when it is cool enough to handle, crumble it into small pieces.2 strips thick-cut bacon
- Place the walnuts in a small baking dish. Toast them in the oven at the same time as the bacon for 10 minutes, or until they are fragrant and light brown. Remove them from the oven and, when they are cool enough to handle, roughly chop them into medium-sized pieces.½ cup walnuts
- Combine the crumbled bacon, toasted walnuts, shredded brussels sprouts, and apricots in a large bowl.3 cups shredded brussels sprouts (see note), ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- In a small bowl whisk the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, ¼ teaspoon honey, 1 pinch sea salt and pepper
- Pour the dressing over the brussels sprouts and toss to coat well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Prepare the salad ingredients and dressing up to 2 days in advance and store them separately. Toss the salad just before you serve it.