Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
These easy roasted fingerling potatoes will turn any weeknight meal into an elegant affair. They're seasoned with olive oil and garlic powder, cooked to a golden crisp, then topped with parmesan cheese. They're simple to make and ready in just 50 minutes!
Turn these tasty potatoes into an easy weeknight meal with our creamy champagne chicken and a simple spring mix salad.
Here's an easy yet elegant potato side dish that everyone will love! Fingerling potatoes are so creamy, rich, and buttery when cooked. And they're pretty, too.
To make them, we simply slice the potatoes lengthwise, toss them in olive oil, season them with salt and garlic powder, and roast them until tender and golden brown.
We finish them off with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese for a more savory flavor. Most of the cooking time is hands-off so you can prepare the rest of dinner while they cook.
They're easy to make, irresistible, and kid-friendly, too! Serve them as a comforting and savory side for brunch or dinner with just about any main.
What are fingerling potatoes?
Fingerling potatoes are a type of miniature potato that is oblong in shape with a thin skin. They're a delicious heirloom potato varietal and come in different shapes and colors. When cooked, they have a soft, almost creamy flesh with a mild, yet rich buttery taste.
They're great for roasting because they're quick-cooking and become a wonderful golden brown color. We absolutely love them and think they're the best potato around!
Ingredients for roasted fingerling potatoes
Here's what you'll need to make these delicious roast fingerling potatoes:
- Fingerling potatoes – any variety of fingerling potato will work well in this recipe.
- Olive oil – for coating the potatoes before roasting, and locking in moisture.
- Garlic powder – for added taste and aroma. You could use fresh garlic, but it has a tendency to become overcooked and bitter at higher temperatures.
- Sea salt – works as a flavor enhancer.
- Parmesan cheese – for a savory cheesy finish.
How to make oven roasted fingerling potatoes
Here's how to make this easy roasted potato side dish in a few simple steps:
- While your oven preheats, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the potatoes, oil, garlic powder, and salt on the baking sheet then place the potatoes cut side down.
- Bake the potatoes (without flipping them) until they are golden, crispy on the outside, and soft inside.
- Last, but certainly not least, sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the potatoes and mix well. Then return the potatoes to the oven for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese.
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
Roasted fingerling potato variations to try
This fingerling potato recipe is delicious as-is, but here are some ways to add more flavor or make them your own:
- Add some freshly cracked black pepper or finely minced garlic cloves at the same time you add the parmesan cheese for more flavor and an added kick.
- When they're finished cooking, top with fresh garden herbs like parsley, thyme, or rosemary.
- Use a couple of different varieties of fingerling potatoes (small, big, purple, red, white, etc) to give your plate an interesting look.
- Slice them into wedges to make them into fingerling french fries, and serve them with a delicious dip!
The best place to shop for fingerling potatoes is at farmers' markets where you'll often find multiple varieties to choose from. Most well-stocked grocery stores will also carry them in the produce section (where you'd find other potatoes).
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
What to serve with roasted fingerling potatoes
There are endless ways to enjoy these savory roasted fingerling potatoes. Serve them as a simple side dish on a weeknight, with a quick protein-based main like creamy tarragon chicken or pan-fried pork chops with honey garlic herb butter.
They're also perfectly paired with burgers like our chicken feta spinach burger or the best black bean veggie burger.
Enjoy them for breakfast or brunch with egg dishes like our sausage and egg breakfast bake. They taste great tucked into bowls, too.
Hosting a dinner party? They make an elegant time-saving side when served with mains like our juiciest baked pork tenderloin, stuffed Spanish pork chops, or lemon herb butter roast chicken.
Favorite roast potato recipes
- Smoky Roast Potatoes
- Extra Crispy Roast Potatoes with Cashew Sour Cream
- Roasted Mini Potatoes with Herbs and Garlic
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 ½ lb fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the potatoes, oil, garlic powder, and salt on the baking sheet then arrange the potatoes cut side down.1 ½ lb fingerling potatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Bake the potatoes (without mixing them) for 40 minutes, or until they are golden, crispy on the outside, and soft inside.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the potatoes and mix well then return the potatoes to the oven for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
These potatoes are simple & delish! I’ve made them a few times and shared the recipe with lots of friends. A definite winner!