Roasted Broccoli and Carrots
This easy recipe for Italian-spiced roasted broccoli and carrots is perfect for weeknights. It's broccoli and carrots tossed in Italian seasoning, then topped with parmesan cheese. The whole family will this recipe, and it's ready in just 30 minutes!
Table of contents
Roasted broccoli and carrots is an easy win recipe the whole family will love. It's on weekly rotation at our house because it's a simple yet satisfying way for everyone to get their daily dose of vegetables.
Roasting veggies is one of our favorite ways to enjoy them because it brings out their natural sweetness and gives them great texture.
All you need is a few ingredients to make this recipe, too. Toss the carrots and broccoli florets in olive oil along with salt and pepper and some Italian seasoning. (We always have some of our homemade Italian seasoning on hand and highly recommend making some for your pantry.) Roast the vegetables until they're tender and crispy, top them with parmesan cheese, and that's it!
They taste delicious with just about anything you can think of. Serve them as a side dish with meat or fish or tuck them into a grain bowl, and enjoy the leftovers for lunch on a salad the next day!
For another easy carrot recipe, try our simple buttered carrots!
Roasted broccoli and carrot ingredients
We keep it simple yet super tasty with this oven roasted broccoli and carrots recipe. You're likely to have most of the ingredients in your fridge and pantry. Here's what you need:
- Carrots + broccoli – carrots and broccoli are easy to find year-round. No need to peel the carrots, that's where most of the nutrients are! You can use the broccoli stems, too!
- Olive oil – a drizzle for roasting the carrots and broccoli and adding moisture.
- Italian seasoning – we use our homemade Italian seasoning, but you can use a store-bought blend or a mix of a few Italian herbs like dried basil, oregano, or parsley. Also, feel free to use fresh herbs if you've got 'em!
- Salt + pepper – for seasoning, to taste.
- Parmesan cheese – for a sprinkle of bold cheesy flavor.
How to make roasted broccoli and carrots
Roasted broccoli and carrots are an easy, versatile, and delicious side dish for weeknights. Here's how we make it in a couple of simple steps:
- While your oven preheats, toss the broccoli florets and carrots with olive oil, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Spread your veggies on a baking sheet (we always line ours with parchment paper for easy cleanup).
- Pop them in the oven until they're tender, and start to brown. Remove them from the oven and sprinkle them with parmesan cheese. That's it!
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
That's totally up to you! The peel has a lot of beneficial nutrients and fiber so we often keep it on. But if your carrots are a bit older and not looking their best, go ahead and peel them.
We slice them on a slight diagonal to make them a bit larger than just rounds.
What to serve with roasted broccoli and carrots
Roasted broccoli and carrots are a delicious way to get in your daily veggies, and they're a super versatile side dish you can serve with just about anything!
Enjoy them with meat mains like steak, herb butter roast chicken, or Italian dressing chicken. Or serve them alongside spaghetti bolognese, tossed into a salad, or tucked into a grain bowl with brown rice and roasted chickpeas.
Popular carrot recipes
Roasted Broccoli and Carrots
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the carrots and broccoli into a large bowl. Add the oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and mix well.6 medium carrots, 1 head broccoli, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- Spread the veggies out in a single layer on your baking sheet. If you have a small baking sheet, it's best to use two so you don't crowd the pan.
- Bake for 25-25 minutes, until the veggies are soft and starting to brown in a few spots. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top.¼ cup grated parmesan