This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Make all your salad dreams come true with our rich and creamy easy caesar dressing. This full-flavor dressing is healthier and tastes better than store-bought, plus it's quick and simple to make. Use it tonight and store leftovers in your fridge for up to 10 days!
There are times when only a creamy dressing will do. This is our go-to easy caesar dressing for those nights when we want all the classic caesar flavor without the fuss. It's not overly garlicky or fishy so kids will love it, too.
To save time, we use mayonnaise as the base. Then we add ingredients you likely have in your pantry like parmesan, lemon juice, anchovy paste, dijon mustard, garlic, and salt and pepper. Simply stir it all together and serve it right away or (ideally) let it sit so the flavors can blend.
It's the perfect creamy dressing for side salads or heartier meal-style salads with protein like chicken or chickpeas. Toss it together in a big bowl and definitely don't skimp on the fresh cracked black pepper!
How to make this easy caesar dressing
Compared to some caesar dressings out there, this one is simple to make. We start with a base of neutral-flavored mayonnaise, which is much more fool-proof than emulsifying egg and oil with a whisk. It also saves you from standing at the counter whisking for 10 minutes until your arm is sore!
Here's how we make it in a few simple steps:
- Start by adding all the ingredients into a small bowl.
- Mix well then either use it right away or let it sit so the flavors have time to come together.
- Store it in the fridge in a sealed jar in your fridge for up to 10 days. That's it!
What you'll need
This creamy caesar salad dressing requires just a few pantry ingredients. While the list of ingredients is small, the flavors are BIG! Here's everything you'll need to make it:
- Mayonnaise – this makes the base of the creamy dressing.
- Parmesan cheese – adds its bold cheesy flavor.
- Lemon juice – brightens things up and adds balance.
- Anchovy paste – gives the dressing its classic caesar taste – a must in our opinion!
- Dijon mustard – adds its tangy, sharp taste.
- Garlic – for its classic pungent taste and a bit of kick.
- Sea salt + pepper – to enhance the other flavors and help blend everything together.
Do I need to use anchovy paste?
Do you like caesar salad dressing? Since you're here, we're guessing that your answer is: YES! In that case, add the anchovy paste, even if you don't like anchovies. It's what gives caesar dressing its classic flavor, without making it actually taste fishy.
Adding anchovies to caesar dressing is like adding fish sauce to a Thai curry. You don't taste it specifically, but it elevates the recipe to a whole new level.
If it's not something you think you'll use often, don't worry. An opened tube of anchovy paste lasts for at least a year in your fridge, which is more than enough time for you to make this easy casear dressing a few times!
How long will it keep in the fridge?
Store any unused dressing in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Can I make it ahead of time?
Absolutely. We actually think it tastes better after sitting for at least 20 minutes. If you're not using it right away, store it in the fridge.
Where can I buy anchovy paste?
Anchovy paste is usually found near the seafood section of the grocery store. If you can't find anchovy paste, buy anchovies in oil and mince them well.
Uses for this easy caesar dressing
Caesar salad with homemade dressing goes with everything. Serve it with any meal, any time of year. It's a crowd-pleasing salad that everyone loves (kids included)!
While it pairs naturally well with Italian-inspired mains like our easy baked lasagna, Italian sausage pasta, or summertime easy caprese pizza, it's also great with chicken and meat dishes. Or simply enjoy it on greens as a lighter lunch.
Here are a few other favorite ways to use this easy caesar salad dressing:
- In place of the dressing on one of these salads
- As a dip for fresh veggies
- Spread on a burger bun or sandwich before assembling like our quinoa ranch cauliflower burgers or best bacon sandwich with caramelized onions
- Drizzled over corn on the cob
- ¾ cup neutral-flavored mayonnaise
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best!)
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 1 teapoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Add the ingredients in a small bowl.¾ cup neutral-flavored mayonnaise, ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese, 5 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon anchovy paste, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1 clove garlic, 1 teapoon pepper, ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Mix well then either use right away or (ideally) let the dressing rest in the fridge for 20 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Store the dressing in your fridge in a sealed jar for up to 10 days.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.