Creamy Boursin Chicken
This Boursin chicken is creamy, comforting, and easy to make. It's pan-fried chicken simmered in a rich cream sauce flavored with herbs and garlic. It's a versatile dish for weeknights, and it's ready in just 20 minutes!
Love Boursin cheese? Try our crispy Boursin arancini, best cauliflower mashed potatoes with Boursin, and green beans with bacon and Boursin.
Table of contents
It probably won't surprise you when we tell you we're big fans of creamy chicken dishes. We've published a number of them over the years (like our creamy tarragon chicken and creamy chicken lazone). They're just so darn delicious, they're quick and easy to make, and everyone loves them.
If you also like creamy chicken dishes, you're going to love this Boursin chicken recipe! It's creamy, comforting, and comes together quickly.
To make it, simply coat the chicken breasts in a flour mixture and pan-fry them in a skillet until they're golden and crispy on both sides. Then make a shortcut cream sauce using Boursin, nestle the chicken into it, and sprinkle minced parsley or chives overtop to serve.
The creamy Boursin sauce is versatile so feel free to add mushrooms or spinach to it for a boost of nutrients. Any flavor of Boursin works, so choose the one you like best.
This Boursin chicken is an easy weeknight meal that will become a favorite, and it's ready on the table in just 20 minutes. Make it a complete meal with a vegetable side and some mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta to mop up all the incredible sauce!
What is Boursin chicken?
Boursin chicken is a pan-fried chicken dish with a creamy sauce that uses Boursin instead of cream. If this is your first time cooking with Boursin cheese, it's a bit like making a shortcut cream sauce because you don't need any flour to thicken it. The Boursin cheese melts beautifully to give the sauce a velvety texture and a tasty twist!
Boursin chicken ingredients
You don't need many ingredients to make Boursin chicken, and most of them you're likely to have on hand. Here's everything you need to make this creamy chicken with Boursin cheese:
- Chicken breasts – we like the ease of boneless skinless chicken breasts. But boneless thighs work just as well.
- Flour – we use all-purpose flour to coat the chicken and give it a crispy exterior. You can sub with a gluten-free flour blend if needed.
- Seasonings – a mix of garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt add flavor.
- Olive oil + butter – for pan-frying the chicken and giving it a nice crispy exterior.
- Chicken broth – to thin the sauce. We always have some of our homemade chicken stock on hand, but you can use store-bought or even bouillon cubes in a pinch.
- Boursin cheese – Boursin is a soft and creamy cheese available in a variety of flavors. We use the classic garlic and fine herb but you can use a different flavor if you prefer.
- Minced chives or fresh parsley – for garnish.
How to make Boursin chicken
This chicken with Boursin cheese recipe is so delicious and easy to make. It's perfect for weeknight dinners or anytime you're after a tasty chicken dish but don't have a lot of time. Here's how we make it in a few simple steps:
- Pat your chicken breast dry and pound them with the palm of your hand a few times to make them even in thickness.
- Whisk the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt together in a shallow bowl and then dip the chicken in it to coat it.
- Heat the butter and oil and then sear the chicken until it's golden brown on both sides. Remove them from the pan while you make the sauce.
- Add the stock to the pan and bring it to a boil. Add the Boursin cheese, stir, and simmer for a few minutes before returning the chicken to the pan. Sprinkle with some minced chives or parsley and some freshly ground pepper serve.
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
We like to slice it thin and reheat it in a pan over medium heat with some of the sauce and a splash of water. You can also use a microwave to reheat it.
We use the garlic and fine herb flavor, but any flavor will work and will add a unique taste.
Yes, you can! If you prefer chicken thighs, use boneless skinless thighs in place of the breasts.
What to serve with Boursin chicken
This Boursin chicken is really versatile and goes with pretty much any vegetable or grain side. We always make sure to serve it with mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta to soak up the creamy sauce, and a green vegetable to add color and balance things out.
Side dishes that pair perfectly with Boursin chicken
Favorite creamy chicken recipes
Creamy Boursin Chicken
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon EACH: garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package Boursin cheese
- Minced chives or parsley, to serve
- Dry the chicken well with paper towels. Pound the chicken a few times using the heel of your hand so that it is even in thickness.4 medium chicken breasts
- Whisk the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a shallow bowl then dip the chicken into it to coat.2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon EACH: garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt
- Heat the oil and butter in a large, non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and sear until it is golden brown, about 8 minutes. Flip the chicken over, lower the heat to medium-low, and continue to cook until both sides are golden and the chicken is fully cooked, about 10 minutes more. Remove the chicken from the pan.1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add the stock to the pan, turn the heat to medium-high, and let it come to a boil. Add the Boursin cheese and stir until it melts into the sauce. Let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes then return the chicken and any juices to the pan and stir so it coats the chicken. Serve with some minced chives or parsley over the top.1 cup chicken broth, 1 package Boursin cheese, Minced chives or parsley
This was a lovely quick recipe full of taste and flavour.Will definitely make again .
So easy and delicious! The whole family loved this recipe. Will definitely make it again.
Third time making this! It’s a huge hit with the family, thanks!!
Easy, healthy, and ready to serve in 20 minutes! Perfect for these busy weekday nights!
Love the shortcut of using the Boursin cheese to make the creamy sauce for this dish! It was rich and satisfying!
Love creamy chicken! And this recipe is a great example why… Fantastic instructions!
Creamy, comforting and delicious, this is one fabulous chicken dish.
We loved this recipe. We served it with mashed potatoes and broccoli. The sauce was so creamy and rich!
another super creamy and easy-to-make chicken recipe! can’t wait to make it again!