I'd like to introduce you to my new friend. He's rich, he's complex, he has no problems making friends at parties. His official name is Bacon Deviled Eggs but around here we know him as The Diet Killer. Once he makes an appearance you can kiss your well-intentioned diet's ass goodbye.
There's no point of trying to eat just one of these Bacon Deviled Eggs. It's not possible. Your best chance is to make sure there are lots of other people around when you eat them. Or better yet don't, but say you did.
Turns out that devilled eggs are no different that anything else in this world. If you add bacon, caramelized onions and some cheddar cheese to them, they get better. Much better.
If you make these, you'll be very happy you did. I promise.
Regular deviled eggs are great, but bacon deviled eggs are da bomb. Seriously guys, these are dangerously addictive. You will LOVE them!
- 6 hardboiled eggs, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked crispy (reserve fat for cooking the onions)
- 1/4 cup onions, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- A small handful finely grated cheddar cheese
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop the cooked bacon, remove any pieces that are chewy.
- Sauté the onions over medium heat in a few tablespoons of the reserved bacon fat until they are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes
- Carefully remove the yolks from the hard boiled eggs and place them in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mash them together with a fork until everything is well incorporated. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the yolk/bacon mix into each egg white. Sprinkle with freshly grated pepper before serving.
These can easily be made a day ahead. Keep covered in your refrigerator until serving.
Save any leftover bacon fat in a small jar and keep it in your fridge. It is the perfect oil for frying onions or mixing into your mashed potatoes 🙂
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Pecans - December 11, 2018
- Epic Holiday Cheese Board - December 8, 2018
- Brandy Mulled Wine Recipe - December 6, 2018