Deviled Eggs with Bacon
Deviled Eggs with Bacon are the ultimate deviled eggs. We add some caramelized onions and a little cheddar cheese to totally take these over the top. It's an appetizer recipe that gets rave reviews every time it is served.
Deviled eggs with bacon is the best deviled eggs recipe ever. It's a big statement, but we're sure that it's true. Every time we make these they disappear from the plate almost as soon as they're set down.
Why everyone loves deviled eggs with bacon
- Bacon makes everything better.
- We all know that bacon and eggs are best friends.
- Caramelized onions. Yes, we went there. And you'll be so happy when you do, too.
- A little cheddar cheese. Oh yes!
- Creamy deviled eggs that are insanely delicious.
- It'll be our little secret that they are easy to make.
How to make deviled eggs with bacon
Bacon deviled eggs are an easy appetizer recipe and are perfect for a party. If you have a larger crowd, double or triple the recipe.
- Boil your eggs for 8 minutes then cool them in ice water. Tap the ends on your counter then gently roll them to break the shell before peeling it off. I like to quickly rinse them under cold water to make sure no bits of shell remains.
- Crisp the bacon and cook the onion. Easy!
- Now cut the eggs in half and remove the yolks. Mix them with the crispy bacon, caramelized onion, mayo, mustard, vinegar, and cheddar cheese.
- Then spoon the filling back into the egg whites and top with some bacon bits, green onions, and paprika.
Can bacon deviled eggs be made ahead of time?
Absolutely they can!
The eggs can be boiled up to 5 days in advance. Then 2 days before you want to serve them you can finish prepping. Make the filling and keep it in a covered container in your fridge. Put the egg whites on a plate and cover them tightly. Then all you have to do it quickly fill the egg whites and garnish them before serving.
How to fill deviled eggs with bacon
Sometimes the filling for deviled eggs can be piped into the egg white. But because of the bacon, cheese, and onions in this recipe, it is best to spoon the filling. I find that it is easiest to use a small spoon for this job.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
More great appetizer recipes
- Lazy deviled eggs
- Bacon Guacamole with Roasted Garlic and Tomatoes
- Baked Coconut Shrimp with Mango Sauce
- Easy Chicken Bites
Deviled Eggs with Bacon Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 6 large eggs
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy (reserve fat for cooking the onions)
- ½ cup onions, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced green onions and paprika, to garnish
- Place the eggs in a medium-sized pot and cover them with 2 inches of water. Bring the pot to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer for 8 minutes. Place the cooked eggs in a bowl with ice water and let them cool.6 large eggs
- While the eggs are simmering, cook the bacon and onions. In a medium-sized frying pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until it is crispy. Remove it from the pan and crumble it when it's cool enough to touch.4 slices bacon, ½ cup onions
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of bacon oil from the pan and add the onions. Cook the onions until they are golden brown, about 7 minutes.½ cup onions
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and put them into a mixing bowl. Add ¾ of the bacon, the onions, mayonnaise, cheese, apple cider vinegar, and mustard and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.4 tablespoons mayonnaise, ¼ cup finely grated cheddar cheese, 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Spoon the yolks back into the egg whites then top with the reserved bacon, some green onions, and a little sprinkle of paprika.
I am never making devilled eggs any other way. They were a hit.