Is it too early for a bourbon sour? Let me rephrase that, is it EVER too early for a bourbon sour? I didn’t think so. Besides, it’s past noon. And it’s Cocktail Friday.
I’m not exactly sure if this is a bourbon sour but it has bourbon in it, and it is a little sour, so that’s what I’m calling it.
These guys are boozy, so be careful. Or don’t, it’s your choice. There’s a strong citrus note and sweetness from the triple sec that calms the bourbon down a little. This is the kind of cocktail you’d want to serve at the beginning of a dinner party. It’s elegant, sophisticated and will have even your most uptight guest relaxed by the end of the first glass.
Or if you write about food and photograph food and need to take advantage of the natural light coming into your place, serve this cocktail in the afternoon. You’ll be happy you did
- 2 shots good quality bourbon
- 1 shot triple sec
- 1 shot cranberry juice
- 1 shot fresh lime
- Put everything into a shaker with ice. Shake, shake, shake.
- Serve in a martini or rocks glass with a slice of lime for garnish.
Still thirsty? Check out these delicious cocktails:
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Cinnamon Scented Vegetarian Crock Pot Moroccan Tagine - May 20, 2016
- Coconut Almond Paleo Breakfast Muffins - May 17, 2016
- How Starting a Blog Can Change Your Life - May 15, 2016