This raw beet smoothie is as delicious as it is pretty. Go ahead, drink up your beets!
Whoever said you can't put beets in your smoothie?
I know it's not necessarily the ‘normal' thing to do with beets, but then there's been a lot more than basic roasted beets going on around here lately. There was that Dark Chocolate Beet Cake (pleeeeeze promise me you'll make that one day), and the Raw Beet, Carrot and Apple Salad, and now this smoothie.
I have to tell you guys … before I made my first beet smoothie, I was pretty much convinced that this was going to be a big fat fail. When I told my handsome man that I was making us a beet smoothie for breakfast, I was surprised he didn't bolt for the door. Seriously, you should have seen the look on his face.
I'm telling you this because, if you think this is a bit of an odd combo, you're not alone.
Turns out though that I was completely wrong; raw beet smoothies are a big win. They're also vegan, paleo and all that other super healthy for you good stuff. And they're the perfect pretty pink drink just in time for Valentine's Day.
This smoothie does taste a little like beets. It's not as overpowering as you might imagine the beet taste to be. It's actually surprisingly subtle considering how strongly flavoured beets are.
If you're like me and prefer your smoothies with more vegetables than fruit then this one's for you.
Warning: You will need a high-powered blender for this recipe; a regular ol' blender just won't cut it.
If you make this Pretty Coconut and Raw Beet Smoothie make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos!
- 2 medium uncooked beets, quartered
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup coconut milk (shake the can well before you open it to mix the cream with the milk)
- 1 cup water
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Drink up your pretty pink raw beet smoothie!
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Fresh Pineapple Margaritas with Sweet and Spicy Rim Salt - May 25, 2017
- Pan Fried Chicken and Mushrooms with Creamy Cauliflower Mash - May 23, 2017
- Lifesaving Lemony Salad Dressing - May 19, 2017