These Coconut Lemon Energy Balls are made with raw cashews, coconut, and lemon juice and zest. They're brightly flavored and a delicious pick-me-up, healthy snack recipe.
Hello sunny, lemony Tuesday! 🍋🍋🍋
You guys, I must be losing it. Lemony Tuesday? What does that even mean?
It's Tuesday and I've made you some delish lemon energy balls and they're (clearly) making my brain a little silly.
Here's what you need to know:
♡ These guys are LEMONY. I know, who would have known? 😂 But seriously, they have a bright and delicious lemon flavor thanks to lots of lemon juice and zest.
♡ The base of these lemon energy balls is cashews. Lots of healthy protein!
♡ The coconut flavor is subtle as the lemon definitely dominates these guys.
♡ They are the tastiest damn healthy snack food around.
♡ There's a fun (and healthy) ingredient in here that makes these balls super yellow.
Remember that big turmeric craze we went on in January? I hate to terrify you in a dessert recipe post, but that train hasn't stopped. 😱
See how yellow these lemon energy balls are? That's not because of the lemon. It's because of …. turmeric.
Wait, don't run away!
I promise you that you can't taste it. There's not even the tiniest turmeric taste in here. The little pinch I've added only colors them to make them look like lemon energy balls rather off-white round things. Mmm, off-white round things. Said nobody ever.
Here's how to get your lemon energy balls game plan on:
♡ Put all the ingredients in your food processor and blend until mostly smooth.
♡ Transfer everything to a bowl and let it chill for about an hour.
♡ Roll into balls.
See how ridiculously easy that was?
If you make these Coconut Lemon Energy Balls make sure to snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 1½ cups raw cashews
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Zest from 2 lemons
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey (use rice syrup for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Optional: shredded coconut and poppy seeds, to garnish
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor and pulse until combined, scraping down the sides as needed. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Roll into 24 balls. Either sprinkle or roll the balls in shredded coconut or poppy seeds. Store in the fridge, covered, for up to 1 week.
More tasty energy balls:
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Blog Income Report – February 2017 - March 23, 2017
- Creamy Roasted Carrot Soup with Crispy Chickpea Croutons - March 21, 2017
- Spring Veggie Enchiladas with Cilantro, Lime, Jalapeño Yogurt Sauce - March 19, 2017