I’d like to introduce you to my new friend. He’s rich, he’s complex, he has no problems making friends at parties. His officially name is Bacon Deviled Eggs but around here we know him as The Diet Killer. Once he makes an appearance you can kiss your well intentioned diet’s ass goodbye.
There’s no point of trying to eat just one of these Bacon Deviled Eggs. It’s not possible. Your best chance is to make sure there are lots of other people around when you eat them. Or better yet don’t, but say you did.
Turns out that devilled eggs are no different that anything else in this world. If you add bacon, caramelized onions and some cheddar cheese to them, they get better. Much better.
If you make these, you’ll be very happy you did. I promise.
- 6 hardboiled eggs, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked crispy (reserve fat for cooking onions)
- ¼ cup onions, finely minced
- 1½ tablespoons mayonaise
- A small handful finely grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop cooked bacon, remove any pieces that are chewy
- Saute onions over medium heat in a few tablespoons of the reserved bacon fat until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes
- Carefully remove yolks from hardboiled eggs and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mash together with a fork until everything is well incorporated.
- Add salt to taste
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the yolk/bacon mix into each egg white
- Sprinkle with freshly grated pepper before serving.