Tomato Zoodle Frittata
Tomato Zoodle Frittata for the big-time healthy breakfast win! This 2 for 1 breakfast recipe can be made for brunch on Sunday morning then you can grab a leftover slice on your way out the door on busy weekday mornings.
Nothing fancy to see here today, folks. What we've got is a super simple, whip up in minutes breakfast recipe. Easy, delicious, healthy and absolutely zero fussiness.
What this tomato zoodle frittata recipe is all about:
- Zucchini noodles that got the thumbs up from my handsome man. ← This is a BIG deal!
- Healthy, protein-packed eggs ready to fill you up and send you out the door happy.
- Breakfast MEAL PREP magic.
- A gluten-free/paleo/Whole30 breakfast recipe that is so good that even the biggest self-proclaimed eateverythingarian will be all over this.
- Dairy-free, unless you don't want it to be. I've had it with and without cheese and both ways are delicious. (Ok ok, maybe the cheese version was a tad more delicious cause it's cheese and anything with cheese is always better.)
- A foolproof frittata recipe.
Can you believe that summer is coming to an end? #cringe.
Except that back to school season means saying goodbye to mugginess and (hopefully) forest fires. Is the air quality as bad where you live as it is here in Vancouver? I'll take the end of summer if we can finally breath smoke-free air again. Insert all the breaking heart emojis over our world on fire.
But since this is a food blog, let's get back to this Tomato Zoodle Frittata …
This is a crazy easy to make, stovetop frittata recipe. Quick saute some onion, zucchini noodles, and cherry tomatoes then pour in some whisked eggs and you've made breakfast.
Tomato Zoodle Frittata: tip #1
Honestly, this is such an easy recipe that it hardly warrants any tips. But I do have one little tip that will make your life a touch easier.
Whisk your eggs in a blender.
That's it. That's all, folks.
While it's easy enough to whisk a couple of egg, whisking a whole bunch of eggs can give your arm quite the workout. Not that tiring your arm muscles is a bad thing, but if we're keeping with the quick and easy theme, a blender does the job the fastest.
You want to whisk the eggs so they are almost liquid and no weird (and creepy IMO) clumps of egg whites remain. This will take several minutes if whisking by hand, or 2.45 seconds in a blender. Your choice!
Do you love zoodle recipes as much as I do? I know the world has probably moved on to the next fad, but I'm still stuck in veggie noodle land.
Here are all my favorite healthy zoodle recipes on the blog:
- Thai Coconut Chicken Zoodle Soup
- Spicy Sesame Chicken Zoodles
- Coconut Curry No Cook Veggie Noodles
- 15 Minute Zucchini Spaghetti
- 20 Minute Cashew Chicken Zoodles
- Zucchini Pasta with Kale Pesto
Now, my friends, go and soak up these last days of summer. And don't forget to whip up this zoodle frittata this weekend!
Quick and Healthy Breakfast Recipes:
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Make Ahead Loaded Veggie and Chorizo Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Green Breakfast Smoothie
- Egg and Sausage Stuffed Peppers
Tomato Zoodle Frittata
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small zucchinis, spiralized (about 1 lb. total)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized non-stick or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until it's transparent, about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini to the pan and let it cook until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Push the zucchini to the sides of the pan then add the cherry tomatoes to the middle. Cook until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes.1 teaspoon avocado oil, 1 small onion, 2 cloves garlic, 2 small zucchinis, 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- While the vegetables are cooking, whisk the eggs with the salt and pepper. With this many eggs, I like to do this in a blender as it is very quick to get them well whisked.8 large eggs, ½ teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- Mix the tomatoes and zoodles together in the pan then reduce the heat to medium-low. Pour the whisked eggs over the top then cover the pan. Let the frittata cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the eggs are set.