Shrimp Gnocchi with Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
This shrimp gnocchi is a real treat. It's made with pillowy soft gnocchi, tender shrimp, and a delicious lemon garlic butter sauce. It's a surprisingly quick and easy recipe that's always a winner!
If you love creamy shrimp pasta recipes, also try our shrimp tortellini in lemon cream sauce. You'll love it!
Shrimp gnocchi is a dreamy dinner recipe. Tender, garlic butter shrimp and delicate gnocchi pillows are wrapped up in the most delicious lemony cream sauce. Then we throw in a some spinach for a veggie boost and pretty color.
And even though the cream sauce is deliciously rich, you won't find any heavy cream in this recipe. Instead, we use cream cheese (light, if you want!) which melts into a magically creamy sauce.
How to make shrimp and gnocchi
Even though this tastes like a fancy meal, shrimp gnocchi is a super easy to make recipe.
- Cook the gnocchi. We like to use refrigerated gnocchi that you pan-fry to cook. But shelf-stable gnocchi that you boil to cook works well, too.
- Saute the shrimp in some garlic butter.
- Now make the sauce with some chicken stock, delicious cream cheese, and lemon juice.
- Then mix the shrimp and gnocchi into the sauce with a few handfuls of spinach and dinner is ready!
Full recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
How long does this recipe last?
This recipe will keep safely for 1-2 days in your fridge. Make sure to reheat it gently so you don't overcook the shrimp!
What to serve with shrimp gnocchi
This recipe is easily a meal in itself. But if you'd like, a simple salad makes a great addition. We like arugula tossed in our lifesaving lemony salad dressing.
You can also roast some veggies to go along with the meal.
And sometimes we like to make shrimp gnocchi to serve as a side dish. Here are a few mains that go along well:
- Juiciest Baked Pork Tenderloin
- Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs
- 8 Minute Baked Salmon
- Baked Fish with Lemon Garlic Butter
Also try our chicken gnocchi soup!
Popular pasta recipes
- Shrimp Tortellini in Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
- Healthy Chicken Alfredo
- Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi
- Smoked Salmon Pasta
- Lemon Chicken Pasta
Shrimp Gnocchi Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 ¼ lb gnocchi, see notes
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 ¼ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 ounces cream cheese, can be light
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions. (See notes)1 ¼ lb gnocchi
- While the gnocchi cooks, make the shrimp. Heat half of the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the pan.2 tablespoons butter, 1 lb peeled shrimp, 4 cloves garlic
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter then whisk in the flour. Add the chicken stock and whisk until the sauce simmers and thickens. Add the cream cheese and parmesan and stir until they have melted into the sauce; this will take a few minutes. Stir in the lemon zest and juice.1 tablespoon flour, 1 ¼ cups chicken or vegetable stock, 4 ounces cream cheese, ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- Add the cooked gnocchi, shrimp, and spinach to the pan and stir everything together.3 ounces baby spinach
Way too lemony. Suggest reducing quantity of 1 lemon down to 1 – 2 tablespoons.
Made this tonight using 1/3rd fat creme cheese and added some tumeric and paprika. Absolutely heavenly! This is going to be one of our staple meals for sure now!
This was delicious. I followed the recipe except I added peas and not spinach as that’s what I had. My husband loved it too. I will definitely make it again.
This lemon garlic sauce is dreamy! I actually made it with tortellini cause that’s what I had in my fridge. It was amazing! I’ll make it again but try it with gnocchi next time.