This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This shrimp tortellini recipe is a real treat. It's made with tender shrimp, an insanely delicious creamy lemon garlic sauce, and cheese tortellini. Bonus that you can whip up this tasty dinner in just 15-minutes!
Sink your teeth into perfectly cooked tortellini and tender shrimp all wrapped up in a delicious lemon garlic cream sauce. It's similar to shrimp tortellini alfredo, but honestly, it's so much better. The bright lemon and tasty garlic flavor really make the dish.
And while the pasta, silky sauce, and seafood all make this seem like a special treat, it's such an easy recipe to make. In just 15 minutes, you can sit down at the table and pat yourself on the back for making a delicious dinner!
Here's how to make this shrimp tortellini recipe in just 15 minutes:
- Put a pot of salted water on the stove. When it starts to boil, add the tortellini.
- Start the sauce while you heat the water. Sauté onion and garlic then add cream and cream cheese to make the sauce.
- Then cook the shrimp and the spinach in the cream sauce.
- Now add the tortellini and some lemon juice to the sauce and your dinner is ready!
How long does shrimp and tortellini last?
Cooked shrimp will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge. When reheating this pasta, make sure to warm it gently so that you don't overcook the shrimp.
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup finely minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream ((whipping cream))
- 4 ounces cream cheese (cut into cubes (can be light cream cheese))
- 1 lb shrimp
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- Sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- Put a large pot of salted water on high heat. Bring the pot to a boil then add the tortellini and cook according to the package directions – usually 6-8 minutes. Drain the water and set it aside.9 ounces cheese tortellini
- While the water is heating, make the sauce. Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is transparent, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, and cream cheese and bring to a simmer. Stir until the cream cheese has melted into the sauce.1 tablespoon butter, ¼ cup finely minced onion, 3 cloves garlic, 1 ½ cups chicken stock, ½ cup heavy cream, 4 ounces cream cheese
- Add the shrimp to the pan and let it cook for 2 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until it wilts, about 1 minute Add the cooked tortellini, lemon zest, and lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.1 lb shrimp, 3 ounces baby spinach, Zest and juice from 1 lemon, Sea salt and pepper
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.