Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
This raspberry vinaigrette is our go-to for the summer salad season. It will liven up the simplest bed of greens with its rosy red color and sweet-tart taste. It's fresh, fruity, and easy to make using only five ingredients!
This is the raspberry dressing that we use on our incredible summer chicken salad!
As the weather warms and fresh fruit becomes abundant, we like to switch up our salad dressing routine with a fruity one like this raspberry vinaigrette. We use real raspberries and wholesome ingredients so it's as healthy as it is beautiful.
To keep things simple, we make it in the blender. All you have to do is add the ingredients and give it a whirl until smooth. Store any leftovers in a jar in the fridge for delicious salads all week long!
Is raspberry vinaigrette healthy?
When it comes to making healthy dressings, it's all about the ingredients. That's why we like to make our own homemade dressings. We know exactly what goes into them so there are no unwanted ingredients like soybean oil, sugar, thickeners like xanthan gum, etc.
You may be wondering, is this raspberry vinaigrette recipe healthy? It sure is! With only FIVE fresh wholesome ingredients: raspberries, basil, olive oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar, it doesn't get any healthier.
What you'll need to make raspberry vinaigrette
It only takes five ingredients to make this fresh and fruity raspberry vinaigrette. Here's what you'll need:
- Raspberries – ideally fresh raspberries in the summer months. In the winter, when berries aren't as sweet, we find that it is best to use frozen and thawed raspberries instead.
- Basil – a few fresh basil leaves add lots of flavor to this dressing.
- Olive oil – we like fruity-flavored olive oil for salad dressings but any extra-virgin olive oil will work.
- Honey – to add a bit more sweetness.
- Apple cider vinegar – to add a bit of acidity and balance out the flavors.
How to make raspberry vinaigrette dressing
Here's how to make this raspberry vinaigrette dressing in a few simple steps:
- Start by placing the ingredients into your blender.
- Then, blend on high speed until nice and smooth. If you'd like a thinner dressing, add water (one tablespoon at a time) until the vinaigrette is a pourable consistency.
- That's it! Either use it right away or transfer it to a jar to store in your fridge for up to a week.
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
This raspberry dressing will stay fresh in a sealed jar or container in the fridge for up to a week!
You can certainly try! We think it would taste great with blackberries or strawberries especially.
Maple syrup would make a great alternative to honey in this recipe.
Serving ideas for raspberry vinaigrette
Drizzle this fruity summer salad dressing over fresh tender greens like baby spinach, spring mix, or arugula. While it's the perfect dressing for our summer chicken salad, it also tastes great in place of the dressings on our spring mix salad, grilled peach salad, or asparagus salad.
Its sweet-tart flavor pairs well with goat cheese, ricotta, or feta. We like to make little crostini appetizers and drizzle some dressing overtop.
We've even used it as a dip for snack boards. To turn it into a dip, omit the water so it's a thicker consistency, and enjoy it with fresh veggies, fruits, or cheese and crackers.
Popular salad dressing recipes
- Best Kale Salad Dressing
- Healthy Green Goddess Dressing
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- Sesame Ginger Dressing
Don't forget to try our summer chicken salad with this raspberry vinaigrette. It's the perfect dressing for this summery salad!
Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, see notes
- 4 large basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Place the raspberries, basil, olive oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar into your blender.1 cup fresh raspberries, 4 large basil leaves, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 3 tablespoons honey
- Blend on high speed until smooth. If needed, add water one tablespoon at a time until the vinaigrette is a pourable consistency.
- Either use this vinaigrette right away or transfer it to a jar to store in your fridge for up to a week.