This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Here's a simple recipe for naan pizza that's delicious and quicker than takeout. We use naan bread as the base, then top it with a rich tomato sauce, melty cheese, and our favorite toppings for an easy family-friendly dinner that's ready in just 15 minutes.
This is an easy pizza recipe for those nights when you need a satisfying dinner on the table without much thinking. We take a big shortcut and use naan bread as the base for a flatbread-style pizza that's totally delicious and customizable.
Spread on a generous amount of your favorite pizza sauce or try our homemade sweet and spicy pizza sauce or everyday easy pesto. We use a mix of pizza pepperoni, red onion, and red pepper for toppings, but you can use anything you have on hand, or that your heart desires.
While we love our homemade pizza dough recipe, sometimes we just don't have the time for it and this naan pizza is the perfect quick kitchen hack.
Where can I buy naan bread?
Naan bread is usually pretty easy to find. We like to buy it fresh from our local Indian restaurant, but you can also find it packaged at your local grocery store in the bakery section or freezer aisle.
Pro tip: We like to freeze some for quick dinners on busy weeknights. It's quicker than ordering takeout and healthier, too!
Ingredients for naan pizza
Feel free to use any ingredients you have on hand for toppings. This is everything we used for the naan bread pizza recipe in the pictures:
- Naan bread – this will be the delicious base for the pizza that's chewy inside with a crunchy exterior.
- Pizza sauce – use your favorite or try our sweet and spicy tomato sauce or everyday easy pesto.
- Parmesan + mozzarella – we use a blend of these two kinds of cheese for an extra bold cheesy flavor.
- Pizza pepperoni – this variety of spicy salami is made from cured pork and beef. It's so good!
- Veggies – we used red onion and red pepper for their sweet taste and a bit of texture.
- Arugula – to serve and add a pop of green (optional, but fresh and tasty).
How to make naan pizza
The dough is already made so it's easy and quick to make naan pizza. Here's how it comes together in a couple of simple steps:
- While your oven preheats, spread the pizza sauce on the naan bread.
- Next, add your toppings. Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese, mozzarella, pepperoni, onion, and peppers – or your choice of toppings.
- Now, bake your pizzas until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden. Remove them from the oven and, if using, top with a handful of arugula.
Other delicious naan pizza toppings
You can easily personalize these pizzas any way you like! Some of our favorite toppings are roasted vegetables, sliced olives, Italian sausage, ham, pineapple, and fresh herbs like basil or oregano.
Try these delicious flavor combinations we love:
- Cherry tomatoes + pesto
- Mushrooms + herbs
- Pineapple + red onion
- Zucchini, corn, and goat cheese
- Crumbled sausage + peppers
- Potato, truffle oil, and thyme
- … or make it vegan – omit the cheese and add load it up with veggies!
Tip: Because these pizzas cook so quickly, we don't recommend using raw vegetables because they won't have enough time in the oven to soften. Either pre-cook them in a pan or roast them in the oven.
How long will leftovers keep?
Leftovers will stay fresh in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Ideas for serving naan pizza
These quick and easy naan pizzas are ideal for busy weeknights or anytime you need to feed hungry tummies fast. Serve them on their own, or with a quick salad or vegetable side like our asparagus salad with balsamic glaze or best roasted broccoli.
They're great for kids and parties, too! Slice them into smaller pieces and serve them as finger food for casual impromptu gatherings, movie nights, or game nights.
More super quick dinner ideas (ready in 20 minutes or less!)
- Pizza: easy caprese pizza
- Chicken: quick and easy honey lemon chicken
- Fish and shrimp: creamy coconut milk shrimp, sticky honey garlic shrimp, lemon pepper fish
- Salad: summer chicken salad, pesto tortellini salad
- Sandwiches: grilled cheese and apple sandwich with sriracha butter, Hawaiian hot dogs, hot dogs with caramelized onions
- 4 pieces naan bread (about 7-inches)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 28 slices pizza pepperoni
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- Arugula (to serve)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spread the pizza sauce on 4 pieces of naan bread.4 pieces naan bread, 1 cup pizza sauce
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese then the mozzarella over the pizza sauce and top with pepperoni, onion, and peppers – or your choice of toppings.½ cup grated parmesan, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, 28 slices pizza pepperoni, ½ cup chopped red pepper, ½ cup chopped red onion
- Bake the naan pizzas for 10-12 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown. Remove the pizzas from the oven and, if using, top with a handful of arugula.Arugula
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.