This doesn't taste anything like what I thought it would. I was going for a coconut sorbet with a hint of lime. What I got was the opposite, a lime sorbet with a hint of coconut. Not that I'm complaining. Wait, that's not true. I am complaining, but only a little.
You know when you have been dreaming (and drooling) over something for days and then it doesn't turn out the way you want it to? It sucks, I know, even if what you get is a delicious, tangy, summery lime coconut sorbet. First world problems.
Even though this wasn't my absolute favourite ice cream I've made, I would still encourage you to make it. If you are looking for a limey, lip-puckering sorbet, this is for you.
If you want to check out an ice cream that I absolutely I LOVED, head on over to fresh mint chocolate chip ice cream. 🙂Print
This tangy coconut sorbet has lots of tart lime flavour. It's super refreshing and perfect for a hot summer's day.
- 1- 11 oz can, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a saucepan warm all the ingredients until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl. Place in the fridge until it is completely cold, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Process the sorbet according to your ice cream maker's directions.
- Top with a little extra lime zest for serving.
Looking for some more ice cream recipes to cool down with this summer? Check out:
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Creamy Cashew Butter Chicken - August 19, 2017
- Summer Quinoa Salad with Cherries, Almonds, and Fresh Herbs - August 16, 2017
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream - August 12, 2017