Hot Honey Baked Brie
This hot honey baked brie is gooey and sweet with a little heat. It's a wheel of brie cheese baked with homemade hot honey, and topped with pecans and fresh rosemary. It's an easy party appetizer that everyone loves, and it's ready in just 20 minutes!
If you love cheesy appetizers as much as we do, try our festive pomegranate baked brie or lemon whipped ricotta with cranberry honey.
Table of contents
Hot honey baked brie is one of those appetizers that looks impressive but requires very little effort to make. It's a crowd-pleasing easy appetizer that's perfect for cozy nights in or entertaining around the holidays.
There's a lot going for it, too. It's creamy, crunchy, hot, and sweet. It's also gluten-free and totally delicious!
All you need to do to make it is score it with a knife, drizzle it with hot honey, and bake it until it's melty. Top it with pecans, sprinkle on some rosemary, and serve it with an assortment of crackers, crostini, apple slices, or anything else you can think of!
Hot honey baked brie ingredients
Here's everything you'll need to make hot honey baked brie:
- Honey – any store-bought honey will do the trick!
- Sriracha and chili flakes – use as much or as little as you like, depending on how much heat you're after. For a non-spicy (aka kid-friendly) version, you can omit it.
- Brie – any round of brie will work.
- Pecans – we use pecans but you could also use walnuts, almonds, or even pistachios.
- Rosemary – some fresh minced rosemary adds a bit of color and a festive aroma.
- Crackers, crostini, or apple slices – for serving.
How to make baked brie with hot honey
Hot honey baked brie is a super quick and delicious party appetizer. The hot honey is actually a simplified version of our hot honey recipe. Here's how to make it in a few easy steps:
- Make the hot honey by stirring together the honey, sriracha, and chili flakes.
- Score the top of your brie (this makes it easier to eat and guests will thank you), and drizzle some hot honey over the top making sure that it gets into the little cuts.
- Bake it until it's hot and melty.
- To serve it, transfer it to a plate or board, top it with pecans, drizzle with remaining honey, and sprinkle with rosemary. Serve with crackers, crostini, apple slices, or anything else you can think of!
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
This is one of those appetizers that's best served right out of the oven. You can make the hot honey in advance, but wait to bake it until right before you're ready to serve.
No, it has a nice tingle, but it won't knock your socks off. If you want more of a kick, add extra sriracha and chili flakes.
What to serve with hot honey baked brie
We like to serve this hot honey baked brie with crackers, crostini, and apple slices, but pretty much anything goes! Here are some other ideas of foods you can dip and dunk:
- Baguette or crusty bread
- Breadsticks or pretzels
- Pears or grapes
- Other nuts like walnuts or almonds
- Dried fruit like apricots or dates
More recipes using hot honey
More party appetizers
Hot Honey Baked Brie
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1 round brie
- ½ cup roasted pecans
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Crackers, crostini, or apple slices, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Make the hot honey in a small bowl by mixing the honey, sriracha, and chili flakes.4 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon sriracha, 1 pinch chili flakes
- Cut lines into the top of the brie to create a pattern of little squares – this makes it easier to eat. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the hot honey over the brie and push it into the cuts.1 round brie
- Put the baked brie on a piece of parchment paper on a baking pan and bake the brie for 12 minutes, or until it is hot and melted.
- Transfer the baked brie to a serving plate using the parchment paper. Top with pecans, drizzle with the remaining hot honey, and sprinkle the rosemary on top. Serve with crackers, crostini, or apple slices.½ cup roasted pecans, ½ teaspoon minced fresh rosemary