Quick and Easy Honey Lemon Chicken
Honey Lemon Chicken is pan-seared on your stovetop then cooked in a lightly sweetened lemony sauce. It's a crazy easy (and PALEO!) dinner recipe and a true crowd-pleaser.
There's big-time Honey Lemon Chicken love going on here today. That's right, I'm talking about CRISPY skin (is there any other kind?), tender, lemony chicken, and a hint of sweet honey. Drool. ?
I'll be the first to admit that I can get carried away with the whole sweet/ savoury thing. Hello, five-year-old at heart right here! But these guys are made for us grown-ups (or those of us pretending to be grown ups. me!) who want LEMON chicken.
I'm not talking about lemon chicken that makes you scrunch up into sour lemon face. I'm talking lemon that you know is there. Forward without being overpowering. Subtle, but not.
I'm so annoyed with myself right now.
You know what I mean though, right?
Here's what your quick and easy Honey Lemon Chicken game plan is going to look like:
♡ Get fancy and sear some lemon slices until they're charred on one side.
♡ Crisp that chicken skin!
♡ Whisk a simple lemon sauce and pour it into the pan. Bubble bubble bubble.
♡ Aaaaand …. eat!
See how easy that was?
If you make this Honey Lemon Chicken make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
Honey Lemon Chicken Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- Juice from 2 large lemons
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, grated on a Microplane or very finely minced
- A pinch of sea salt
- Lemon slices, for serving (see notes)
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a medium sized cast iron or non-stick skillet. Add the chicken thighs, skin-side down, and sear until the skin is crispy and brown, about 10 minutes.1 tablespoon olive oil, 4 chicken thighs
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk the lemon juice, honey, garlic, sea salt, and ½ cup of water in a small bowl.Juice from 2 large lemons, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 clove garlic, A pinch of sea salt
- When the chicken skin is crispy, flip the chicken over and pour in the lemon sauce. Let the chicken continue to cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until the chicken thighs are cooked through and the lemon sauce has reduced and is thick and bubbly.Lemon slices
This was the perfect combination of sweet and lemony flavor. I might double the honey and lemon next time to have a little more sauce. It was so good!
Unfortunately made this for tonight’s dinner and found it lacking in flavor. It was simple but the guidance and timing of cooking was woefully understated to assure chicken was cooked through. Will not make this one ever again.
I’m sorry to hear that this recipe wasn’t a hit for you.
You do not tell calories, carbs, sugars, etc if I am on Atkins what recipes work?
Hey, Reese! We do post the nutritional info for all the recipes, but it generally takes us a few days after the recipe is posted to get that information up. I’m not very familiar with the Atkins diet so you would know better than I if the ingredients in this recipe are compatible. 🙂