This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Honey Lemon Chicken is pan-seared on your stovetop then cooked in a lightly sweetened lemony sauce. It's a crazy easy dinner recipe and a true crowd-pleaser.
There's big-time Honey Lemon Chicken love going on here today. That's right, I'm talking about CRISPY skin (is there any other kind?), tender, lemony chicken, and a hint of sweet honey. Drool. ?
I'll be the first to admit that I can get carried away with the whole sweet/ savoury thing. Hello, five-year-old at heart right here! But these guys are made for us grown-ups (or those of us pretending to be grown ups. me!) who want LEMON chicken.
I'm not talking about lemon chicken that makes you scrunch up into sour lemon face. I'm talking lemon that you know is there. Forward without being overpowering. Subtle, but not.
I'm so annoyed with myself right now.
You know what I mean though, right?
Here's what your quick and easy Honey Lemon Chicken game plan is going to look like:
♡ Get fancy and sear some lemon slices until they're charred on one side.
♡ Crisp that chicken skin!
♡ Whisk a simple lemon sauce and pour it into the pan. Bubble bubble bubble.
♡ Aaaaand …. eat!
See how easy that was?
If you make this Honey Lemon Chicken make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (or cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon EACH: olive oil and butter
- Thinly sliced green onions and lemon slices (to serve)
Honey Lemon Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the flour into a shallow bowl and dredge the chicken in the flour.½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper, ¼ cup all-purpose flour, 8 boneless chicken thighs
- Mix the cornstarch and chicken stock in a mixing glass. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and mix well.1 tablespoon cornstarch, ½ cup chicken stock, ¼ cup honey, ¼ cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Heat the oil and butter over medium heat in a large cast iron or non-stick skillet. Add the chicken thighs and cook until they are golden on one side, about 6 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for 5 minutes more, until they are cooked through.1 tablespoon EACH: olive oil and butter
- Give the sauce a quick stir and then pour it over the chicken. Mix it around in the pan and let it boil until it thickens, about 1 minute.
- Serve the chicken with sprinkled with thinly sliced green onions and lemon slices on the side.Thinly sliced green onions and lemon slices
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.