Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Our easy Thanksgiving side dishes are sure to become the star of the show. We've rounded up 40 of our favorite side dishes that will make your holiday dinner a success!
Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes
We've rounded up our best Thanksgiving side dishes. From classic holiday recipes to unique twists on favorite dishes, we have them all here.
You'll find everything you need to make your Thanksgiving dinner a breeze to prepare and a treat to enjoy. Mashed potatoes and stuffing, sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts, gravy, cranberry sauce, salads, and so much more.
If you're busy planning and preparing for your Thanksgiving feast weeks ahead of time (like us!) then we understand the need for beautiful recipes that don't take hours of complicated time in the kitchen. To help make your Thanksgiving stress-free, we've created many recipes that are easy to make, look gorgeous, and taste amazing. We hope that you find all the side dishes you need to make your meal a delicious success!
Our favorite holiday sides:
Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes Recipe
For a lighter, low-carb option, try these cauliflower mashed potatoes with Boursin cheese.
Or for a gorgeous pop of color on your table, make these mashed purple yams with sesame brown butter.
And while they are more work, you can make duchess potatoes ahead of time and they are the prettiest Thanksgiving side dish around.
Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Crispy parmesan brussels are baked on a layer of parmesan cheese which becomes crispy and sticks to the bottom of the brussels. It makes a pretty and cheesy Thanksgiving side.
Whole roasted brussels with garlic and lemon are a great way to get your favorite Thanksgiving vegetable on the table with minimal fuss.
Prettiest Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
No Thanksgiving table is complete without a casserole! Try our vegan green bean casserole topped with crispy onions.
Our maple bourbon sweet potato casserole is made with store-bought sweet potato ribbons and topped with a crispy pecan topping.
Cranberry Sauce with Mandarin Oranges Recipe
Our ginger orange cranberry sauce is one we've been making for years. The strong gingery flavor goes amazingly well with turkey.
Wild Rice Stuffing Recipe
Instead of serving traditional stuffing as a Thanksgiving side, go rogue and serve this garlic butter rice. No one will complain!
This arugula and wild rice salad is another great option that takes care of the salad AND carb all in one dish.
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Roasted garlic can be a much-welcomed side dish on your Thanksgiving table. A few cloves can transform nearly every delicious bite on your plate.
These stunning mini hasselback potatoes with roasted garlic do take more time to prep but can be made ahead of time and cooked after your turkey comes out of the oven.
Bacon Boursin Green Beans Recipe
Another one to try is our simple sauteed green beans with garlic. They're a reader favorite!
Or go big and make our green beans with brown butter panko. A tahini maple dressing and a little mint finishes them off perfectly.
Hot Honey Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Another great idea is to make a batch of our hot honey. While it's not traditional, it is delicious on absolutely everything and might just become the go-to Thanksgiving side dish for years to come.
And our roasted sweet potatoes with maple tahini butter are another delicious and beautiful Thanksgiving side.
Late Autumn Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
We call this a Christmas salad, but it's just a festive served at Thanksgiving. Lots of fresh herbs, pomegranate seeds, and walnuts tossed in lemon and oil.
Our roasted winter greens salad makes a great Thanksgiving side salad. You'll find roasted brussels and broccoli, almonds, grapes, and kale all wrapped up in a lemon tahini dressing.
Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe
Roasted veggies are the quintessential Thanksgiving side dish. For something a little different, try these roasted root vegetables with pears and maple vanilla butter.
Spicy Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe
Try these bourbon maple glazed carrots with pistachios. They are another Thanksgiving favorite!
Or for an extra easy side, these quick garlic roasted carrots are delicious.
And honey roasted carrots and brussels combines both our favorite Thanksgiving veggies into one easy side.
Smashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
These stuffed sweet potatoes with walnuts and pomegranates look very festive on your holiday table.
Or for something a little different, try serving these baked sweet potato latkes.
The Best Stuffing Recipe Ever
This recipe for sausage stuffing baked into hollowed out onions is delicious. While they're a little bit more work, but the presentation is stunning.
Or try making this delicious cornbread stuffing with sausage and apples!
A few more tasty Thanksgiving side dishes from our friends
Thanksgiving is all about friends, family, and good food. That's why we've rounded up a few more of our favorite easy Thanksgiving side dish recipes from our friends!
- Harvest Cranberry, Persimmon and Burrata Salad by Half Baked Harvest
- Sauteed Brussel Sprouts Salad with Mustard Sauce by Cotter Crunch
- Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe by Salt and Lavender
- Garlic Herb Parker House Rolls by How Sweet Eats
- Roasted Chestnut Stuffing by No Spoon Necessary
- The Best Sausage + Sweet Potato Thanksgiving Stuffing by Gimme Some Oven
- Sweet Potato Souffle by Foolproof Living
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Smoked Paprika and Turmeric by Healthy Seasonal Recipes
If you love these recipes as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with Boursin Cheese
- Mashed Purple Yams with Sesame Brown Butter
- Duchess Potatoes
- Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Crispy Parmesan Brussels
- Prettiest Sweet Potato Casserole
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Maple Bourbon Sweet Potato Casserole
- Cranberry Sauce with Mandarin Oranges
- Ginger Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Pecans
- Garlic Butter Rice
- Arugula and Wild Rice Salad
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Garlic
- Mini Hasselback Potatoes with Roasted Garlic
- Bacon Boursin Green Beans
- Sauteed Green Beans with Garlic
- Green Beans with Brown Butter Panko
- Hot Honey Sweet Potatoes
- Hot Honey
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Maple Tahini Butter
- Late Autumn Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Christmas Salad
- Roasted Winter Greens Salad
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Roasted Root Vegetables with Pears and Maple Vanilla Butter
- Spicy Honey Roasted Carrots
- Bourbon Maple Glazed Carrots with Pistachios
- Quick Garlic Roasted Carrots
- Honey Roasted Carrots and Brussels
- Herb and Garlic Smashed Sweet Potatoes
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Walnuts and Pomegranates
- Baked Sweet Potato Latkes
- Best Stuffing Ever
- Sausage Stuffing Baked into Hollowed-Out Onions
- Cornbread Stuffing with Sausage and Apples
- Cranberry, Persimmon and Burrata Salad
- Sauteed Brussel Sprouts Salad with Mustard Sauce
- Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe
- Garlic Herb Parker House Rolls
- Roasted Chestnut Stuffing
- The Best Sausage + Sweet Potato Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Sweet Potato Souffle
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Smoked Paprika and Turmeric
We don’t have Thanksgiving where I live, but this post makes me want to make a big Thanksgiving dinner anyway. It looks delicious!
So what time should I come over? 🙂