BBQ Pulled Turkey Pizza with Fiery Pineapple Salsa
Turn your leftover Christmas or Thanksgiving turkey into a BBQ Pulled Turkey Pizza. It’s easy to make, so delicious, and perfect for when you've spent the last couple of days eat holiday dinner leftovers. You will LOVE it.
Oh baby, gimme some more of this turkey pizza. Like, every day for the rest of my life. Forever and ever. The end.
No, wait. I won't just throw the most delicious pizza your way and then run. Seriously, though, whoever thought that turkey pizza would be the key to happiness? It's doing my head in.
I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that you use your leftover turkey from Thanksgiving or Christmas to make this. It's obviously great to have something to make besides a fourteenth turkey sandwich. But I'm worried that I'll only get to eat turkey pizza twice a year.
I'm kinda panicking already. Twice a year simply isn't enough. This might mean I'll have to start making turkey dinners every month. Or every week. Maybe more.
And the best part (besides how crazy delicious it is) is that it's super easy to make. All you have to do it shred some turkey, mix it with your favorite BBQ sauce, and then pop it on the pizza dough. You can even make the pineapple salsa when the pizza is cooking.
I heart dinners that are easy to make and totally addictive.
Let's hear it for turkey pizza!
You guys might need to start reining me in. This is the fourth recipe for using your Christmas or Thanksgiving leftovers in the past month. Too much?
Nah, I didn't think so. You can never have too many recipes that take your leftovers and turn them into something else entirely. It's a little like magic, isn't it?
In case you missed the latest leftover transforming recipes, here they are:
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Brussels Pizza
- Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Cakes
- Crock Pot Leftover Turkey Bolognese
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
More Delicious Turkey Leftovers Recipes:
- Butter Turkey Curry
- Crockpot Turkey Stock
- Crockpot Leftover Turkey Bolognese
- Easy Homemade Turkey Soup
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Eggs Benedict
Turkey Pizza Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- ½ batch pizza dough recipe, see notes
- 1 ½ cups diced fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from ½ lime
- ½ Serrano or jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 ½ cups shredded cooked turkey
- ¾ cup bbq sauce, divided
- 1 ball mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
- Place your pizza stone (if using) in your oven, on the middle rack, and turn your oven to 500 degrees, or as high as it will go.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the pineapple, red onion, cilantro, lime and Serrano pepper.1 ½ cups diced fresh pineapple, ¼ cup minced red onion, ¼ cup chopped cilantro, Juice from ½ lime, ½ Serrano or jalapeno pepper
- Follow the directions for the pizza dough by carefully stretching the dough to form an oval or rough circle. Either place the pizza crust on an upside-down baking sheet or on your pizza peel if you're using a pizza stone.
- Mix the shredded turkey with ½ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce. Divide the remaining ¼ cup of BBQ sauce between the two pizzas. Top with the shredded turkey, mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkle of sea salt.1 ½ cups shredded cooked turkey, 1 ball mozzarella cheese
- Bake the pizzas, one at a time, in your oven for 10 minutes if you are using a baking sheet, or 7 minutes if you are using a pizza stone. When the turkey pizza comes out of the oven, sprinkle the pineapple salsa over top.
So you knew when I was drooling over this on IG that I had to come see more, right? Holy cow, Kristen! Best pizza ever! We covet our leftover turkey sandwiches but we’ll be switching it up this year with this fabulous dish. I’m a huge fan of pineapple on pizza and these flavours are the best. And you can never have too many leftover recipes, lol. Genius!
BTW, have you met Brianne from Natural Girl Modern World? She’s in Vancouver too and creates fabulous recipes!
Love it! Pineapple on pizza is the best, isn’t it? Whenever we order delivery pizza we always get it with extra pineapple. 🙂
I haven’t met Brianne yet. Going to head over and check out her site now …
Ooo the salsa! Like a throw-back to summer time 😉 Which is needed!
Yes yes! I’m just back from a sunny holiday and I’m already missing the sun. I can never get enough of it!
Kristen! This looks soo freakin’ good. I love how it’s totally different from traditional leftovers. I think we might be making this after Thanksgiving.
You should! It really was a nice way to use up the turkey after I was all turkey-d out. Happy Thanksgiving!