Oh baby, gimme some more of this turkey pizza. Like, every day for the rest of my life. Forever and ever. The end.
No, wait. I won't just throw the most delicious pizza your way and then run. Seriously, though, whoever thought that turkey pizza would be the key to happiness? It's doing my head in.
I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that you use your leftover turkey from Thanksgiving or Christmas to make this. It's obviously great to have something to make besides a fourteenth turkey sandwich. But I'm worried that I'll only get to eat turkey pizza twice a year. ?
I'm kinda panicking already. Twice a year simply isn't enough. This might mean I'll have to start making turkey dinners every month. Or every week. Maybe more.
And the best part (besides how crazy delicious it is) is that it's super easy to make. All you have to do it shred some turkey, mix it with your favourite BBQ sauce, and then pop it on the pizza dough. You can even make the pineapple salsa when the pizza is cooking.
I heart dinners that are easy to make and totally addictive.
Let's hear it for turkey pizza! ??
You guys might need to start reining me in. This is the fourth recipe for using your Christmas or Thanksgiving leftovers in the past month. Too much?
Nah, I didn't think so. You can never have too many recipes that take your leftovers and turn them into something else entirely. It's a little like magic, isn't it?
In case you missed the latest leftover transforming recipes, here they are:
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Brussels Pizza
- Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Cakes
- Crock Pot Leftover Turkey Bolognese
If you make this Pineapple Pulled Turkey Pizza make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your pictures. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- In a medium sized bowl mix the pineapple, red onion, cilantro, lime and Serrano pepper.
- Follow the directions for the pizza dough by carefully stretching the dough to form an oval or rough circle. Either place the pizza crust on an upside down a baking sheet or on your pizza peel if you're using a pizza stone.
- Mix the shredded turkey with ½ cup of your favourite BBQ sauce. Divide the remaining ¼ cup of BBQ sauce between the two pizzas. Top with the shredded turkey, mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Bake the pizzas, one at a time, in your oven for 10 minutes if you are using a baking sheet, or 7 minutes if you are using a pizza stone. When the turkey pizza comes out of the oven, sprinkle the pineapple salsa over top.