Glazed Coconut Lemon Sugar Cookies
These Lemon Sugar Cookies are the most delicious cookies ever! They're soft and lemony with a light coconut flavor and a tangy glaze. You will LOVE them!
Looking at these cookies makes me want to pout and cry and stomp my feet. Why is there a whole big stack of them here on my screen and NOT EVEN ONE SINGLE COOKIE left anywhere in the house? Life is so not fair.
Not to brag or anything, but these lemon sugar cookies are the best damn lemon sugar cookies around. Or at least, they WERE the best damn lemon sugar cookies around. Now they're just gone?
The cookies are soft (the way that I think sugar cookies should be) and have the most delicious lemony flavor. And the glaze – please don't skip it! – is sweet and tangy and oh so addictive.
I've snuck a little coconut into the batter and sprinkled some on top of the glaze. But, these cookies are 100% lemon all the way.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
More Delicious Lemon Dessert Recipes:
- Lemon Coconut Bars
- Easy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Deliciously Fresh Lemon Lime Loaf
- Coconut Lemon Energy Balls
- Tangy Lemon Curd
If you're looking for the most delicious Lemon Sugar Cookies, this is your recipe. They're soft and lemony with a light coconut flavor and a tangy glaze. You will LOVE them!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon lemon oil and a few drops of yellow food colouring
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup fine coconut, plus a little extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 (or 4 if you have them) 11×13 inch baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg, lemon zest, lemon juice and, if using, the lemon oil and food coloring and beat to combine.
- Add the flour, coconut, baking powder and sea salt and beat until just combined.
- Scoop cookie dough using a 1/4 cup measuring cup or cookie scoop and roll into a ball. Press down the tops so you have 3-inch rounds. Bake the cookies, 2 sheets at a time, for 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browned at the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Once the cookies have cooled completely, pour the glaze over top and sprinkle with a little coconut.
If you only have 2 baking sheets, make sure the two coming out of the oven are completely cool before you put the rest of the cookie dough onto them. If you put cookie dough onto warm baking sheets your cookies will fall flat.