Carrot Soup with Coconut and Ginger
This carrot soup is our favorite carrot soup recipe. It's easy to make using pantry-staple ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes. It's a creamy blended soup with coconut and ginger and is absolutely delicious.
We make this carrot soup with fresh carrots, if possible. But frozen carrots work equally well!
Having a recipe that's quick and simple to make is key to eating healthy. It means that you can easily whip it up at the end of a long day and sit down to a cozy dinner with minimal effort.
The ingredients in this soup recipe are kitchen staples, so you likely have them on hand right now.
If you need a recipe that is sure to please, this is it!
Our favorite things about this carrot soup recipe
- It's creamy and cozy and will take you to a happy place.
- Made with coconut and ginger so it's a guaranteed flavor winner.
- Totally dairy-free.
- 30 minutes from start to finish. And most of that time is spent letting the carrots simmer.
- Perfect for using up that bag of carrots you forgot about at the back of your fridge.
- Easily made with frozen carrots, if that's what you have on hand.
- The pantry-staple ingredients mean that you can probably make this right now without taking a trip to the grocery store.
READ MORE: Coconut Curried Cauliflower Soup
How do you make carrot soup from scratch?
This carrot ginger soup is big on flavor and amazingly simple to make. Grab a pot and a bag of carrots. This is going to be EASY, friends.
- Saute some onions, ginger, and garlic until they are soft.
- Now add the chopped carrots, turmeric, and stock to the pot and simmer simmer simmer.
- Blend the soup, add the coconut milk and a squeeze of lime, then salt to taste. So easy!
The full recipe instructions are located in the recipe card below.
Carrot Soup Variations
While we love this soup recipe exactly as written, it's very easy to play with. Here are a few ideas to get you going:
- Don't have enough carrots? Add some sweet potatoes!
- Stir in a tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Or a tablespoon of red curry paste.
- Or 2 teaspoons of curry powder.
- Go French-style and swap half the carrots for potatoes, omit the turmeric, and add a teaspoon of thyme. Then use lemon juice instead of lime.
- Make it spicy with chili flakes.
Carrot Soup: Frequently Asked Questions
This soup will last for 3-4 days in your fridge.
Yes! Carrot soup freezes very well. Let it cool then transfer it to freezer bags. We love these large Stasher bags for freezing soup!
It can be! Use vegetable stock to keep this recipe plant-based.
More Carrot Recipes
- Quick Garlic Roasted Carrots
- Spicy Honey Roasted Carrots
- Bourbon Maple Glazed Carrots with Pistachios
- Garlic Herb Carrot Fries
Favorite easy soup recipes
- Asparagus Soup
- Cozy Celery Soup
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Healthier Creamy Tortellini Soup
- Best Kale Minestrone Soup Recipe
Carrot Soup with Coconut and Ginger
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lb carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 15 ounce can coconut milk
- Juice from ½ lime, about 1 tablespoon
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro and chopped cashews, almonds, or peanuts
- Heat the coconut oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 more minute.1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 large onion, 2 tablespoons ginger, 2 cloves garlic
- Add the carrots, turmeric, and stock to the pot. Raise the heat to high and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.2 lb carrots, 2 teaspoons ground turmeric, 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Blend the soup (either in batches in a blender or using an immersion blender) then add the coconut milk and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper then serve with any or all of the optional toppings.15 ounce can coconut milk, Juice from ½ lime, Sea salt and pepper, Optional toppings: chopped cilantro and chopped cashews, almonds, or peanuts