Bacon and Goat Cheese Pops
These Bacon and Goat Cheese Pops are easy finger foods that make great appetizers for your holiday parties.
You might have noticed that I have a bit of a thing for bacon. There were those sweet bacon-y treats like the bacon, bourbon and peanut butter cookies and the bacon caramel popcorn. And then there was bacon in sandwiches and soups and soups. Oh and remember that last post about beer ice cream? Ya, that
might have been was made with a bacon maple ale.
I think I might have a bit of a bacon problem.
If you make these Bacon and Goat Cheese Pops make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
Bacon and Goat Cheese Pops
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crispy
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, not whipped!
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 20 baked apple chips, you will need to use 2 apples
- Pat each piece of cooked bacon with a paper towel to remove any grease. Finely chop the bacon and place it in a small bowl. Add the thyme, parsley, and pepper and toss to combine. Set aside.8 slices bacon, 1 teaspoon thyme, 2 tablespoons parsley, ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the goat cheese, cream cheese, and honey. Using a fork or wooden spoon mix until well combined.4 ounces goat cheese, 4 ounces cream cheese, 1 teaspoon honey
- Roll the goat cheese mixture into thumb-sized balls. Roll each of these balls in the bacon mixture. Set aside on a baking sheet. Store balls, covered, in your fridge until ready to serve.
- To serve, place 1 goat cheese ball on top of each baked apple chip. Insert a lollipop stick into the top of each goat cheese ball.20 baked apple chips
Made these for a partay last night and they were a huge hit! Nom nom nom!
I didn’t change the recipe at all and the pops turned out yummy-licious. The apple chips and honey add just the right amount of sweetness to the bacony/cheesy mounds of love. Thanks for posting! I’ll be making these again only next time, I’m making them for me and only me. Mwahahahahaaaaaa
So happy to hear you love them as much as I do!!
i love anything to do with pigs and goats…put them together on a stick?…fabulous! great party bite.
Super lovely looking little morsels! Just spotted them on JW’s Fetish Worthy Food round up and had to come over and read the recipe which is now bookmarked for use asap. Lovely!
These are so clever! So many delicious ingredients in one convenient mouthful! Yum!
This is such a great idea. They will be perfect for a party I am having next week.