This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These goat cheese pops are perfect for a party! We serve them on top of crunchy apple chips which complements the tangy goat cheese and rich bacon. Make them ahead of time for super easy entertaining.
Table of contents
These goat cheese lollipops are a little like having your very own personal cheese ball on a stick. They're made with goat cheese, cream cheese, and a touch of honey formed into balls and then coated in crispy bacon and herbs. Every bite will make you (and your guests!) swoon.
Goat cheese pops really are the perfect party appetizer. They're mess-free finger food served on a stick. You can also make them days in advance, which is ideal if you're serving them during the busy holiday season.
Why you'll love goat cheese pops
- Appetizers on a stick are fun to eat.
- They look so pretty on a plate that you'll love the compliments you'll get when you serve them.
- Everyone loves cheese so these appetizer pops are guaranteed to be a hit.
- Bacon makes everything better.
- They're the perfect mix of creamy goat cheese, crisp apple chip, salty bacon, and a tiny touch of sweet honey.
Bacon – cooked nice and crispy. Skip the thick-cut bacon as we find that regular bacon works the best in this recipe.
Thyme, parsley, and black pepper – complement the salty bacon and add a herbaceous flavor to the pops. You can experiment with your favorite fresh herbs to add new flavors to the recipe. One addition that we enjoy is minced chives.
Goat cheese – the star of the show!
Cream cheese – adds extra creaminess. Make sure not to use whipped cream cheese as it is too light and will make the balls hard to roll.
Honey – just a touch to bring a gentle sweetness to the pops. For extra sweetness, add a drizzle of honey before serving them.
Apple chips – we love using our homemade baked apple chips, but store-bought work just as well.
How to make goat cheese pops
It's so easy to make goat cheese pops! Here's how we do it:
- Finely chop the crispy cooked bacon then mix it with the herbs and season it with pepper.
- Mix together the goat cheese, cream cheese, and honey.
- Now roll the cheese into little balls then roll the balls in the bacon.
- To serve the pops, put each ball on an apple chip and stick a lollipop stick in the center.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below.
Do I need to serve these on apple chips?
Nope! We like the little extra something it brings to the recipe, but you can easily serve them on their own. Or try serving them on top of crackers for a little crunch.
Do I need to use sticks to serve these goat cheese pops?
Nope! You can also simply arrange the balls on a serving tray. Or for a playful take on a lollipop stick, use pretzel sticks!
How can I make this recipe suitable for vegetarians?
To make these goat cheese pops vegetarian, swap the bacon for chopped nuts. Pecans are our favorite!
How far in advance can I make these?
Goat cheese pops can be made up to three days ahead of time. Just wait until you're ready to serve them to put them onto the apple chips. And let them sit at room temperature for about half an hour before serving them so they taste their best.
More easy appetizer recipes
- 8 slices bacon (cooked until crispy)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese (not whipped!)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 20 baked apple chips (homemade or store-bought)
- Pat each piece of cooked bacon with a paper towel to remove any grease. Finely chop the bacon and place it in a small bowl. Add the thyme, parsley, and pepper and toss to combine. Set aside.8 slices bacon, 1 teaspoon thyme, 2 tablespoons parsley, ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the goat cheese, cream cheese, and honey. Using a fork or wooden spoon mix until well combined.4 ounces goat cheese, 4 ounces cream cheese, 1 teaspoon honey
- Roll the goat cheese mixture into thumb-sized balls. Roll each of these balls in the bacon mixture. Set aside on a plate. Store the balls, covered, in your fridge until ready to serve.
- To serve, place 1 goat cheese ball on top of each baked apple chip. Insert a lollipop stick into the top of each goat cheese ball.20 baked apple chips
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.
For more inspiration, check out all of our appetizer recipes!