Want a recipe for the most kick ass, best ever, insanely delicious guacamole? I had a feeling you did 🙂
I found this recipe a few years ago when a taco recipe by Edible Canada called for aji guacamole, and I scrunched up my face and went, “what the ___ is aji guacamole?” Turns out it is the best guacamole EVER!
This guacamole recipe is less of a dip for your chips and more of a slather on your tacos kind of guacamole. It is a sauce you'll want to put on everything. I've put it on tacos, burritos, fajitas and chimichangas. I've spread it on sandwiches paninis and wraps. I've added it to pasta and ate it by the spoonful straight from the jar.
It is heavy on cilantro with a slight tang of citrus and garlic and lots of smooth, creamy avocado. While I make mine about as hot as the inside of a BBQ grilling steaks, you can add as little or as many jalapeños as you'd like.
You can make this in either a food processor or a blender. The guacamole in the pictures here was made in a food processor. I prefer mine made in a blender, it's a little saucier.
- ½ cup cilantro, packed
- 1 avocado
- ½ medium white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ - 1 jalapeño
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor with ¼ cup of water and blend until smooth. If it's too thick, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Eat on just about everything
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Summer Veggie Grilled Steak Tacos - June 25, 2017
- Grilled Zucchini Salad with Corn, Chickpeas, Sprouts and a Creamy Sunflower Dressing - June 23, 2017
- Blog Income Report – May 2017 - June 22, 2017