Want a recipe for the most kick ass, best ever, insanely delicious guacamole? I had a feeling you did 🙂
I found this recipe a few years ago when a taco recipe by Edible Canada called for aji guacamole, and I scrunched up my face and went, “what the ___ is aji guacamole?” Turns out it is the best guacamole EVER!
This guacamole recipe is less of a dip for your chips and more of a slather on your tacos kind of guacamole. It is a sauce you'll want to put on everything. I've put it on tacos, burritos, fajitas and chimichangas. I've spread it on sandwiches paninis and wraps. I've added it to pasta and ate it by the spoonful straight from the jar.
It is heavy on cilantro with a slight tang of citrus and garlic and lots of smooth, creamy avocado. While I make mine about as hot as the inside of a BBQ grilling steaks, you can add as little or as many jalapeños as you'd like.
You can make this in either a food processor or a blender. The guacamole in the pictures here was made in a food processor. I prefer mine made in a blender, it's a little saucier.
This guacamole recipe is quite different than your usual guacamole recipe. It's super flavourful and more like a sauce for tacos etc. It's one of my favs!
- 1/2 cup cilantro, packed
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 – 1 jalapeño
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor with 1/4 cup of water and blend until smooth. If it's too thick, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Eat on just about everything
This recipe is one I found on the internet years ago, but I have not been able to find the site since. If you know the original source, please let me know. I'd like to give credit where credit is deserved!
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Cheesy Roasted Garlic Artichoke Olive Dip - December 13, 2017
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake - December 11, 2017
- Holiday Spiced Almond Shortbread Cookies + a Vitamix Giveaway - December 9, 2017