This delicious Orange Ginger Turmeric Smoothie is the perfect winter pick-me-up. It's as tasty as it is healthy. Vegan + paleo + Whole30 compliant. You definitely want to add it to your clean eating January recipe list!
Guys! It's 2017! It's the month of resolutions, changes, and be nice to your body recipes!
and I've made us a delicious turmeric smoothie. I also got a little carried away with exclamation marks. Clearly, not much has changed in that department.
You know that moment when you hear yourself say that you don't make resolutions, only to realize that just yesterday you said, “This year I'm going to …”? Ya, that. It happened.
My non-resolutions resolutions for this year are:
- Learn to play guitar. I've lined up one on Craiglist that I'm picking up this weekend. As far as I'm concerned, I'm halfway to accomplishing this goal.
- Read more non-fiction, grown up, want-to-be-smart person books. Seriously, if it's not related to food or blogging biz, I haven't read it in years. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.
- Eat healthier and work out more blah blah blah. Enter my new pass to the kickboxing gym literally twenty steps from my front door (no excuses!) and this turmeric smoothie.
Tell me, have you jumped on the resolutions train?
Turmeric + orange + ginger + carrots all whizzed around together in your blender? Sounds weird, I know. It's been everything that my Christmas cookie overloaded body has been craving this week.
Here's why you want this turmeric smoothie in your life:
♡ It's delicious. Let's be honest, all healthy resolutions aside, I still want my food to taste good. This is like an Orange Julius with a little gingery zing.
♡ Turmeric is a nutritional powerhouse. It contains anti-inflammatory curcumin which has been touted to help everything from cancer to weight loss to a million-ish other ailments in between.
♡ The little sprinkle of black pepper increases the bioavailability of the curcumin making this smoothie extra good for you.
♡ You get to drink juice but knock off a couple servings of fruits and veggies off your list. Using your high-powered blender, you can drop the oranges and carrots in and blend them into juice.
♡ It's the easiest breakfast in the world (as most smoothies are.) Blend, drink, and go.
If you make this Ginger Orange Turmeric Smoothie make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 2 naval oranges, quartered and peeled
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 - ½-inch piece of turmeric, peeled (or 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric)
- A pinch of black pepper
- Add all the ingredients + 1 cup of ice cubes to your high-powered blender (I love my Vitamix for this) and blend on high until smooth. Add up to a cup of water for a more juice-like smoothie.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Summer Veggie Grilled Steak Tacos - June 25, 2017
- Grilled Zucchini Salad with Corn, Chickpeas, Sprouts and a Creamy Sunflower Dressing - June 23, 2017
- Blog Income Report – May 2017 - June 22, 2017