Valentine’s Day Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate and Cinnamon Hearts
These Valentine's Day Cupcakes are an addictive combo of dark chocolate and spicy cinnamon heart candies. If you like cinnamon hearts, you will LOVE these!
These Valentine's Day Cupcakes are moist, dark chocolate cupcakes infused with spicy cinnamon hearts flavor. Seriously, can you think of anything more delicious? Ya, me neither.
Do you know how some things just scream Valentine's Day? Like those Valentine cut-out cards that are exchanged by seven-year-olds in grade two. Do they still do that? Or heart-shaped candies that say ‘Be mine' and ‘I heart you.' Seems they now also say 'email me' which makes me laugh more than I think it should. Or fiery red cinnamon hearts that seem to have resisted any change since I was a child.
Mmm … cinnamon hearts. If Valentine's Day were a flavor, this is what it would taste like.
I'll never know why it took me so long to marry cinnamon hearts with dark chocolate. They really do deserve to be together. Forever.
The dark chocolate holds its own without overpowering the cinnamon. And while the cinnamon hearts are certainly the most outspoken of the two, they manage to not take over the dark chocolate. If they were a real-life couple, they'd make the perfect team.
These little guys had me proclaiming my love for them after the first bite. Whatever your plans are for Valentine's Day, please, please, please, include these dark chocolate and cinnamon hearts cupcakes in them.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS
- Chocolate Lava Cake with Salted Caramel
- Dark Chocolate Pie with Bacon Praline
- Pretty Pink Vegan Strawberry Cream Pie
- Julia Child's Chocolate Mousse
- Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes
Warm someone's heart with these delicious Dark Chocolate and Cinnamon Hearts Valentine's Day Cupcakes on Valentine's Day.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons black cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup cinnamon hearts, ground in food processor
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon oil
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tin with paper or silicone liners.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and both cocoa powders
- In a large bowl beat together butter, cream, melted chocolate, cinnamon oil, egg and egg white
- Whisk flour mixture into wet ingredients until just smooth
- Pour batter into prepared tins and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
For the icing:
- With an electric mixer, cream together butter, icing sugar, ground cinnamon hearts and cinnamon oil
- Use a knife or a pastry bag to decorate the cupcakes. Add an extra (or many extra) cinnamon hearts on top
Black cocoa powder is a super rich alkalized cocoa powder that is used to boost color, think Oreos. You can easily substitute regular cocoa powder for the same taste, but the cupcakes will not be as dark.