So, I've been wanting to share this recipe with you guys for almost forever. Like, since the end of last summer. Have I ever mentioned that I can sometimes procrastinate
a little a lot?
It started off innocently enough. You see, I really wanted to share my Homemade Ravioli recipe with you first. This Tomato Cream Sauce goes great on ravioli. Then I wanted to make sure that I shared my recipe for Prawn Stock since there's a bunch of that in here. And then, well, there were those Pork Carnitas and that Chocolate Pie and the Beer Ice Cream. Ya, I got a bit distracted.
But here it is. One of my favourite pasta sauces ever. I know that's a big claim but really it is so insanely tasty. It does taste a little of prawns, but not overly so. The prawn stock adds some big, bold, deep flavour and the cream, well, cream makes everything better.
I've used this as pizza sauce too and it was a bit ridiculously delicious.
It also freezes very well so if you make a big batch you can store some in the freezer for those nights when you can't bear to think about cooking. You do have those too, right?
I just had the best thought ever and I feel it's only right that I share it with you. So I'm going camping tomorrow (ya!) AND I have some of this tomato cream sauce in my freezer. Do you see where I'm going with this? Yep, tomorrow night I'm going to be sitting around a bon fire with a big bowl of pasta and this sauce. Would it be wrong to take my pasta maker camping?
If you make this Tomato Cream Sauce make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- 1 cup prawn stock or clam juice
- 1 - 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups cream
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients except salt to a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes, or until sauce has reduced to about 3 cups and the flavour is rich and concentrated.
- Salt generously to taste.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Summer Veggie Grilled Steak Tacos - June 25, 2017
- Grilled Zucchini Salad with Corn, Chickpeas, Sprouts and a Creamy Sunflower Dressing - June 23, 2017
- Blog Income Report – May 2017 - June 22, 2017