This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Looking for the best healthy-ish French fry recipe ever? These loaded Taco Fries are it! They're made with French fries piled high with all your favorite taco ingredients. Serve these as a Super Bowl appetizer or a delicious, kid-friendly dinner. You will love them!
Who's ready for all the super fun Super Bowl eats? (Hands rise up throughout the land.)
Whether or not football's your thing, I think we can all agree that football food is so where it's at. Bring on the fries and dips and chicken wings and everything else that makes my heart sing.
Also, bring on the Taco Fries! Ya, I know. What does that even mean? I promise you two things:
- I haven't lost my mind.
- Taco Fries are the best invention I have ever come up with. ← Truth! They're a mash-up of the salad eight-year-old me used to LOVE (there was no other salad until I hit twenty) and crispy fries.
So what the heck are taco fries anyway?
I'm glad you asked.
Remember that iconic salad with iceberg lettuce, cheddar cheese, taco meat, all the sour cream, and salsa piled into a giant, deep-fried taco bowl? Of course, you do. Silly question!
It's been ages since I've had one. Not sure if they simply disappeared off of menus at the end of the 90s or if I've changed the type of restaurants I visit, but they're nowhere to be found. I say we change that stat, even if that means we're making them at home and adding fries.
So taco fries are a giant plate of fries and piled high with all the taco salad toppings I could think of.
In other words, they're the best fries ever!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
The Taco Fries Toppings
- Black beans (drained and rinsed)
- Cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- Sliced jalapeño peppers
- Sour cream
- Lime slices
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the fries according to the package directions, until they are golden and crispy.1 bag frozen french fries
- While the fries are baking, prep the topping ingredients and cook the taco meat. Add the beef to a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the chili powder, onion powder, salt, and oregano and cook until the meat is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.1 lb ground beef, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon EACH: onion powder and sea salt, ½ teaspoon oregano
- Transfer the crispy fries to a serving platter and top with the hot taco meat. Sprinkle the cheese on top and let it melt.1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Top with any or all of the toppings and serve right away.Black beans, Cherry tomatoes, Sliced jalapeño peppers, Cilantro, Sour cream, Lime slices
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.
This recipe is part of our Healthy Super Bowl Recipes series.