Oh hello crispy breadsticks. Yes I'm talking to you, all covered in freshly grated parmesan, fresh cracked pepper and a sprinkling flaky sea salt. I think we should be friends. Want to be my date for New Year's Eve? You'll be a hit at the party.
Seriously though, these guys will be a hit at your party. They're great for snacking on or for scooping up dips. And if you've never made them before you'll be surprised at how easy they are to make.
To make these all you have to do it:
- Mix everything together
- Kneed the dough for a few minutes
- Let it rise
- Roll out little sticks and bake them
Oh and #5. Eat them!
If you make Parmesan and Black Pepper Grissini, make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Scant ¾ cup milk (almond or cashew milk works fine too)
- ¾ teaspoon active dry yeast (see notes)
- 2 ½ cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh cracked pepper and flaked sea salt
- Add the butter and milk to a small pan and heat the milk until the butter has melted and the milk is warm (not hot) to the touch. Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the active dry yeast over top. Let it sit for 10 minutes to bloom.
- Add the flour and sea salt to a medium sized bowl and whisk it together. Once the yeast has bloomed add the milk all at once. Using your hands combine the flour and milk until it forms a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a clean, dry surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes, or until it becomes smooth.
- Put the dough back into the bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal pieces. Do this by dividing the dough in half then each half into half again. Repeat until you have 24 pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a long stick, about 16 inches. Lay each piece on the prepared baking sheets and sprinkle them with the freshly grated parmesan cheese, some fresh cracked pepper and a few pinches of flaked salt.
- Bake the grissini in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until they are crispy and golden brown. Remove them from the oven and let them cool completely before storing them in a resealable plastic bag.